Chapter 21

Am I allowed to be this happy every single day? Mika was acting cute since we got together. He stole a kiss or two every time when people didn't look our way. This is a blessing. It makes me think back whether I should go back home because I'm so happy here. Shinoa and the others are great friends as well. "Yuu-chan." mika poked my cheek and I twitched. "H-huh?" I looked at him and he huffed. "You're spacing out. I've been calling out to you." he said. "oh sorry mika. I was too deep in thought that's all." I muttered. "What were you thinking about?" he held my hand and I smiled. "Nothing much. I'm just happy with how my life is currently going. Everyone here is kind and friendly and I... I have you as my lover. Everything is perfect." I gripped his warm hand. I looked up at the night sky and let out a content sighed, yes. Perfect.

Then the ship suddenly shaking and loud sound of crashing could be heard. I stumbled but mika was quick to hold me tight. What was that just now? My heart was pounding rapidly and I knew deep inside me that something terrible is happening. "Are you okay yuu-chan?" mika asked and I nodded. "Rene! What happened?" mika shouted and lacus appeared from the ship helm. "Mika we have a big trouble! Th ship hit the a huge rock and.." lacus trailed off last part but mika was having none of it.

"And?" mika asked. "Sinking... the ship is sinking mika!" lacus shouted and I gasped. The ship is sinking? In the middle of the sea? This is bad what will happen to us because it would take days or weeks for someone from any town to find us. The sea is cold at night and we'll be as good as dead! Rene and lacus ran towards us and I saw several people were gathering at the main deck. "How could this happened rene?" mika asked him and he gave mika a solemn expression. "It was my fault mika. I insisted rene to make out with me. We got too distracted." lacus admitted and mika sighed.

"No point of getting mad at you now since it has already happened." mika said. "Then what are we going to do now mika?" I gripped his coat and he bit his lower lip. "We have no other choice. Rene, find the nearest town for us to get off this ship safely." mika ordered. Do you think we're going to make it mika?" I asked. "I don't know but it's better than doing nothing." mika replied. "Rene! Follow me to the forecastle at the front of the ship!" lacus grabbed rene's hand. "What the hell are you trying to do? He's suppose to be at the ship helm." mika frowned.

"We're going to have a slow death sooner or later and I wanted to make a titanic scene before I die!" he stated and I gaped. Is this guy for real?! "Jokes of lacus! This is not a drama movie! It's fanfiction for fuck sake get a grip! Rene go find the nearest place before the whole ship sink!" mika ordered and rene nodded then headed to the ship helm. "How am I suppose to get a grip mika! There's no way we get to the nearest place in this situation." lacus said.

"There is one way.."mika mumbled. Lacus was confused for a moment then his eyes widened. "You don't mean..." before lacus could even finish, mika turned his direction to where several people were standing at the main deck. "Listen up! I want everyone to dispose all the heavy things on this ship. Furniture and even the treasure. Now get to work!" mika ordered and everyone nodded.

"Mika you've to be kidding me! All of us here knew that you've been searching that treasure for years mika. Years!" lacus gripped mika's shoulders. "I know but I can't let other people to die because of my selfishness. Now go guide the crew if they needed your help." mika ordered and lacus reluctant at first but he nodded then went away. "Mika.." I stared up at him and he gave me a reassuring smile. "We're going to be find. Now come one let get down to business." he lightly kissed me on the cheek.

Everything was throwing all the furniture down at the sea. It was tiring night and the weather was breezy but we were sweating because we have to lift all the stuff. When the ship is almost empty, there were four people were carrying the heavy treasure and put it at the main deck. Everyone was looking at it because they knew all of they hard work going to waste in the blink of an eye. Mika place his hand on the treasure chest then he unlock it. It was full of pure gold items. "Since my crew is not more than fifty people, I want all of you to take only one from this treasure chest. It's not much but think of it as your last service here with me." mika said and everyone was hesitated but they took it. They took the smallest gold they could find for themselves.

When everyone had took it, mika put his hat inside the treasure chest and locked it. The crew lifted the treasure and threw it down at the sea. No one said a word and all we could do now was wait for the best to happen. Hours after hours we waited. I saw my friends were sleeping at the main deck. Well no one wanted to go down because it has already filled with sea water. It's almost dawn and I was getting sleepy but I refuse to to sleep because I wanted to be there for mika if anything happens.

"Mika!!" Lacus shouted from the ship helm. "Rene finally found a town but the place doesn't seem to have a port!" he said. "We're safe!" someone yelled. "Then find a beach!" mika ordered.

The ship began to sway left and right until it finally stop at the beach. Everyone cheered and got down from the ship by using a ladder rope. Mika was the last one to get down from the ship and the both of us looked at how wrecked the ship was. We were lucky that we're still alive. "Mika.. that treasure.. you guys were searching for years." I muttered. Mika turned to face me. "Look at me yuu-chan." he cupped my face and made me stared up at him. "It is not important anymore. Besides.. I have something that is more important than the treasure." he leaned in. "Your necklace.." I felt his lips brushed against mine. "You're my treasure." he said that and kissed me passionately.

Suddenly someone called out to mika. "Mika! The guard of this down wanted to have a word with you." shinoa shouted and both of us pulled away. "Oh boy. Now I have to explain to them." mika held my hand and head towards the guards. The guard asked several questions and mika managed to answer all of them.

"Sir, I have finished patrolling the town- ah hey you there!" one of the guards pointed at me. "Don't do that! Its rude!" the other guard hit him behind his head. "B-but he's the guy! There is no mistake. He's face is everywhere sir! He's from the wanted poster! The missing noble!" he said. "Yeah you're right it is him. Get him!" the guards yanked me away from mika. Mika was furious and as he was about to attack the guards, they hold mika back with their sharp spear. "Don't get any closer. This person has been in the wanted poster for months. A pirate like you know nothing about nobility." the guard said.

"Do I look like I care!? he's mine!" as mika was enraged. "Guards!" one of them shouted and more guards ran towards us and block mika's path. "Mika!" I tried to reached out to him. "I apologize for this." one of the guard said and I felt something hard hit my head. My vision was getting blurry. The last thing I saw were mika and the crew were fighting. Mika..