𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2

(Y/N) almost wished she hadn't asked Light just how he did his dirty work because it seemed that the Shinigami had taken a shine to her, and was now floating around in her room while she tried to get some work done

Her brother had waited till they had left the cafe and were in a more secluded setting before pulling out the hidden compartment in his watch (that she doubted their father even knew about), and having her touch the bit of paper that was inside it. She had done so with an understandable amount of silent questioning for his teetering sanity, but all thoughts had withered away when her eyes landed on the figure floating bare inches away from her face.

Struggling to hold back a scream, she had stuttered out an introduction for herself (not one of her best moments), and the Shinigami had done the same-- saying his name was Ryuk and that he was Light's temporary roommate.

She had found the whole 'Death Note' fiasco difficult to wrap her head around, even after she had seen it in action. It had taken a while for it to register to her that the same little brother who stayed in the room next to her's now had the power to kill her, and all he would have to do was wait forty seconds for her heart to give out.

It was a frightening concept, but Light had assured her that he wouldn't resort to using the Note against her as long as she didn't betray him. That in itself set off the alarms that this young man who shared the same face as Light was only masquerading as her younger brother. Sure, maybe deep down somewhere he was still Light in his ideals, but the guy who had threatened to kill her so easily was Kira.

Nevertheless, she was safe in the knowledge that since there was no way she was selling her brother out, she could live her life peacefully with no interventions involving supernatural notebooks.

Maybe not peacefully, she thought, casting a fleeting look of annoyance at Ryuk, who was trying to bargain for some apples.

It had been worse when she couldn't respond due to the 64 cameras installed in her room, but even now as she tried concentrating on her assignment, Ryuk took it upon himself to give her hell for it.

Hoping that her irritation wouldn't result in her smashing her foot through the laptop screen, she narrowed her eyes at the report she had to type up. Solving cases was fun. The paperwork that came in the aftermath was not.