𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 15

(Y/n) couldn't honestly say she was surprised that L resorted to such an over-the-top scheme before he finally released Light and Misa

(Y/n) couldn't honestly say she was surprised that L resorted to such an over-the-top scheme before he finally released Light and Misa. Over the span of time she'd spent with the detective, she'd concluded that he had more flair for being dramatic than he would probably care to admit.

She wasn't quite sure if she found it annoying or entertaining, but it didn't matter while she was busy tracking the car her father was driving out to the edge of the city under the rouse they'd concocted to test Light and Misa one last time.

There was no point in the gimmick, really. (Y/n) now knew of the pair having forfeited ownership of their respective Death Notes. They had no recollection of their time as the Kiras, and while she could admit how it might be frustrating from an investigator's point of view, it was all incredibly convenient for (Y/n).

Aizawa came to a pause behind her after a brief moment of debate. He couldn't say he was particularly close to the woman, but she was the daughter of his senior, and (Y/n) had grown on him over the years of her meeting him whenever she visited her father's workplace while she was still in school or the few times Aizawa had visited the Yagami home. He felt some need to make it known that she was by no means alone even while her brother and father were facing so many trials due to Light being a suspect.

He didn't quite know what to make of the Yagami boy, either. Light was certainly an impressive and capable young man with a bright future ahead of him if he stuck through college with the same brilliance and charm as he exuded now. But Aizawa wasn't a trained detective for nothing. He would be a pretty useless police officer if he never got around to noticing the fact that sometimes, Light's behavior just didn't add up. And ever since L so blatantly accused the boy, Aizawa had become a little wary of Light and had become significantly more aware of the teen's anomalies.

Nevertheless, Light was still (Y/n)'s brother, and they were both children of a man that Aizawa greatly respected, so he sucked up his own awkwardness and hesitantly patted (Y/n)'s shoulder as reassuringly as he could.

"This whole ruse will be over soon enough," he reminded. "You don't have to worry anymore."

And while she didn't say anything, (Y/n) did shoot him a somewhat grateful smile, giving Aizawa his cue to leave.