𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12

It occurred to (Y/n) that coming out to Winchester, UK, was proving to be more of a vacation than the one she technically already had been on when she had gone to Japan as instructed by Agent Hotchner-- her mentor

It occurred to (Y/n) that coming out to Winchester, UK, was proving to be more of a vacation than the one she technically already had been on when she had gone to Japan as instructed by Agent Hotchner-- her mentor. The dullness of the place and lack of having anything to do but awaiting the date of her flight had finally proved to become mind numbing, and she found herself becoming increasingly more prone to staring blankly off into space rather than contemplating as she usually would.

It was alarming, to say the least, and nothing that she was in the habit of. But she found herself welcoming the change, feeling oddly relieved to have her own mind silence itself for once. There was no thought that could possibly lead her to any revelations she did not want to discover, and she honestly felt like she needed that at this point.

Things had taken an undesirable turn for (Y/n) ever since her arrival back in Japan. She found herself craving the days back in the US before Light had revealed himself to be Kira. There would have been no urge to protect anything and she would have carried on living out her life without ever knowing of what transpired on the other side of the planet.

Ignorance truly was bliss.

Unfortunately for her, it was a bliss she did not know of. And, she supposed that it wasn't a bad thing because if she didn't look out for her family, who would? Had she let things take their course without ever being aware, she expected that the Yagami family would suffer unimaginably. There were very few possibilities that she saw of Light managing to realize his dream, and none of them would see it happening without sacrifices being made.

Some days, she wondered what it was like to see the world through Light's eyes. Nothing had ever been just black or just white for (Y/n). She had opened her eyes into a world of gray and never seen anything else. Where most would see things as they presented themselves, her mind went the extra mile and dug too far beneath the surface for her to see plain and solid colors.

Everything was layers of paint and sin and ambition, and it always made too much sense. Always put everything into perspective until a man wasn't just a sinner- he was desperation and malice that had chanced upon an opportunity to make a bad choice and become blind in the process.