𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 10

Unexpectedly, (Y/n) didn't absolutely hate spending time with Misa

Unexpectedly, (Y/n) didn't absolutely hate spending time with Misa. Even though their personalities were rather contrasting, and Misa wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, they got along quite well.

Misa was always surprisingly quiet in the few times (Y/n) had met with her, usually looking around with a small smile and giving off the occasional happy sigh. She claimed that it was because (Y/n) expected nothing of her which meant that she had time to just relax in the latter's presence. Presumably, the model had the capacity to understand that silence held its own appeal that didn't always need to be erased by noise and, hence, she appreciated when the older woman sometimes didn't initiate conversation.

When (Y/n) didn't think she had the patience to listen to the insider's take on the latest celebrity gossip (which was almost always), she distracted Misa with stories. That wasn't to say that the profiler was a storyteller of any sort. It merely was a consequence of having an eventful life. When she wasn't telling her about old cases she'd solved with her team, she was recalling incidents from Light's childhood.

The latter usually had Misa gushing about 'how cute her precious Light was!'

Whatever the case, it was safe to say that Misa Amane had taken quite the fast liking towards (Y/n) Yagami. The older of the two returned the sentiment by admitting that she thought she'd have to tolerate Amane but was pleasantly surprised.

And so, this strange almost-friendship found the two women in Amane's car, driving to wherever caught (Y/n)'s fancy since she'd insisted on driving.

"We could've just gotten my driver, you know," Misa pointed out, crossing her arms and leaning further into the leather of the passenger seat.

(Y/n) spared her a fleeting glance before turning her attention back to the road stretching ahead of them. "I like driving," she stated simply, adding a shrug to her careless response. "I think it has something to do with escapism."

Eyebrows rising in interest, Misa turned slightly to face her friend better. "Escapism?" she repeated curiously. "What are you usually trying to escape?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively for a dramatic flair, hoping to get a smile for her efforts but not having her expectations met by (Y/n), who was busy considering her answer.