Chapter 2: Overwatch

As the marines mobilize all Sapphire's weapons, the covenant, unready for such a large assault as a comeback to their scans, sent their entire fleet as a response.

After only a few minutes, a full-blown firefight had broken out between the two humungous ships.

Ships from both factions blew up like a balloon to a thumb-tack.

As the blood-bath digressed, the covenant supercarrier quickly realized they were heavily out-numbered. which caused them to retreat into slip-space.

Marine: "Look! They're retreating! we won!".

With the primary threat gone, the sapphire's crew is now able to fully survey their surroundings.   After nearly a minute of examination, they are quick to realize they are above a mysterious planet, covered in metal.

Captain Adams heads over to the bridge, where he reactivates the Sapphire's AI, Liam.                                upon his reactivation, Liam Immediately starts spewing a bunch of algebra and Multiplication questions, answering them himself. 

Captain Adams: "Woah there, what the hell are you doing?"

Liam: "10 x 98... wait, what happened?"

Captain Adams: "You started spraying math vomit all over the room."

Liam: "Oh, I am sorry sir, I was in a bit of a funk when the ship was shut down.

Captain Adams: "Shut..down?"

Liam: "Oh, I put you in cryosleep before the incident."

Captain Adams: "You forcefully put us into cryosleep?"

Liam: "You seemed consenting enough.."

Liam: "you had recently thrown up in the bathroom, after a celebration in the bar.

Captain Adams: Damn, was I drunk?

Liam: "You very well could have been sir."

Captain Adams points out the window of the bridge, at the strange metal planet.

Captain Adams: "What is that?"

Liam: "Appears to be a Forerunner shield world, sir.

Captain Adams raises his left eyebrow, with both interest and sarcasm. 

Captain Adams: "Set a course for this...Shield World."

The Humungous ship turns its massive Hull towards a hole just barely big enough to fit the sapphire.