Chapter 3: Harmony.

As The Ship got closer to the opening, the Sapphire was almost getting faster than usual, it was being sucked in by sheer force of gravity.

upon entrance of the shield world, they see beautiful landscapes, inhabited by equally graceful wild-life.

Seemingly untouched by machinery, a place of harmony. 

As the sapphire grazed the clouds of the shield world, they sent several pelicans containing platoons of marines, one of which contained Sergeant Teresa.

The pelican landed and Teresa and her platoon stepped out of the transport vehicle.

Teresa: "It's... it's beautiful.

Teresa's platoon ventured into a cave, and as they got deeper, the more mechanical and metal the surroundings got.

Marine: "Ugh.., what is that smell?"

another marine: "I have no idea, but it smells like rotting flesh."

Marine: "Damn, it smells bad."

Teresa: "Shut up you two."

as they ventured deeper and deeper, the rancid smell got worse and worse.

one of the marines took a deep breath and then started choking.

Teresa: "Hey, why the hell are you choking?" 

The marine eventually had disgusting yellow mass coming out of his orifices, and they begin growing all over him. over the course of roughly 20 to 30 minutes, he turned into what was comparable to a zombie, and then he charged at Teresa and the other marine.   

Teresa Hesitates for a second, and then just as the twisted marine was about to tackle her, gunned him down with her m90 close assault shot-gun. he blew into several rancid pieces of rotted skin.

And a small creature, about 3-4 feet tall jumps at the other marine, with another zombified humanoid following behind.

the creature buries himself inside of the other marines chest, turning the marine into another zombie, only this time the process is much quicker

Teresa, without hesitation, gunned both of the zombies down.

Teresa and the remaining marines evaded the creatures and called for evac on the outside of the cave.

Teresa: "Captain send evac NOW!"

Captain Adams: "Whats the problem Teresa?"

Teresa: "I'll tell you later just send evac!"

Captain Adams: "Affirmative."

Captain Adams dispatches a pelican to pick up Teresa and the remaining members of the platoon.

Captain Adams: "What exactly was it you encountered in that cave?"

Teresa: "It... it was terrifying.. these creatures just infested two of my marines."

Liam: "If I may.."

Liam: "Your description sounds very similar to something that has been downloaded on my database, they are called... the flood, they are a parasitic species, and known to be the biggest threat in the galaxy." 

Captain Adams: "Holy Hell"

Then an ODST by the name of Jameson Carvana stepped up.

James: "Sounds like something I've faced in the past... horrible memories."

Liam: "You were there for the halo event, weren't you."

Captain Adams: "Halo Event?"

Liam: "The destruction of Installation 04  and the Ark."

Captain Adams: "I see"

With their conversation over, they have the sapphire depart from the shield world, and, despite the pull of the gravity, managed to get away from the opening in the metal case of the shield world.

Unfortunately for the sapphire's crew, something hitched a ride with them.