Chapter 10 - Afraid

• Xenia •

From the minute I stepped into the building till I made it up to the executive floor, I got stares from everyone. And I mean everyone. Scowls and snorts from women and winks and smirks from men. It was disgusting. And I was thoroughly confused.

I stepped off of the elevator and was greeted by the oh-so-curt Jen from OSU.

"You're dating Alaric Auberon?!" She asked.

The whole floor grew silent. Everyone turned in our general direction. My face flushed. I stepped off of the elevator and walked on to the floor, desperately trying to avoid everyone's stare.

"Hello! I'm talking to you!" She said and tapped my shoulder, "you're not with Cathy today, besides, she's not even here. You're in the conference room surfing through files!"

I turned on my heel and walked to the conference room. Inside were the other two interns that was with Jen and myself. They all looked at me. Jen shut the door quietly and stood in front of me with her hands on her hips.

"Is it true?" She asked. "You're dating the CEO?"

I sighed. "Who told you that?" I asked.

"Who told us that? How about the news, perhaps?" Jen said, "or even every social media-hell, you two are even on the front cover of almost every magazine."

I ran my hands through my hair. "Shit. Shit. Shit. Are you serious?"

Everyone in the room gaped. "So it's true?" They asked.

I bit my lip. It's pointless in lying.

"Yes," I said, "but it has nothing to do with my internship! We met all the way in New York!"

Everyone gasped. "You're kidding."

"That's why you were so freaked out when you saw him!" Jen said with a grin. Her face fell. "Wait, but if you met him in New York then why were you surprised when you saw him?"

I scratched my head and laughed. I took a seat and looked down at my fingers.

"It kind of was a one-night stand that wasn't so one-night," I muttered.

Jen squealed and took a seat. "Tell me everything."

I winced. "Do I have to?"

"Well, yeah! Everyone in here is ready to stab you or fuck you. I mean, you're with the big man," Jen laughed, "hell, I'm even jealous and in immediate need to punch you in the face. I mean, I'm way hotter than you."

My face fell. Was she serious?

"We met in New York. I didn't know who he was, he didn't know who I was. Had a one-night stand. I got info that I got an internship at AI. I took it immediately and left for California. I saw Alaric again at our internship orientation. Of course I freaked out, I mean, he's my boss now. Anyway, he took me on a date and we fucked. Then we fucked again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And you wouldn't believe it, but we fucked again," I said dryly, "it wasn't supposed to be a relationship, we agreed upon that. But I guess there's just something about me that's irresistible because now we're a couple. So yes, I'm dating Alaric Auberon. I'm fucking him too. If you want to preach ethics at me, do it all you like. We're both consenting adults and I will leave this company if it fucks with you so much," I said sharply.

She was shocked.

"Yes, you may have ass and tits that I don't have, but you're not his fucking type," I spat.

"Ouch," Caleb chuckled, "looks like Arizona has a point."

"You're hot, Xenia, don't let Jen get you down. She's just jealous," Zack assured.