Chapter 18 - Earned It

I knew what to expect. I always expected it. Alaric wasn't one for being modest, he was very talented and bold. He had nothing to hide. But God... I missed his touch.

"There's no way I can take you on this boat," he murmured. "We'd kill ourselves."

"You'd kill me," I said breathlessly.

His lips twitched at the end.

"Have faith," he said as he brushed his fingers along my lips. "I'm taking us home."

"Home?"

"You'll see," he said and left me to navigate the boat.

I watched him go. He was beautiful. The most imperfect creature. And that's what made him incredibly perfect to me. He could turn my insides to jelly with the little things he did. He could make me do anything he wanted me to.

And I wouldn't regret a single thing.

I stared, fascinated. I knew Alaric loved to sail, but I never actually got to watch him sail. For him to be someone so dark, he made it look good. Sailing. Navigating. Owning the sea. He seemed so peaceful. So satisfied.

We reached the dock at his house. I stepped off the boat and looked at his home, it was very different now.

I felt him slip his arm around me.

"No one lives there anymore," he said gently.

"You moved into your palace?"

"Yeah, because this place became the one with all the bad memories," he murmured and gave me a gentle push.

He opened a portal and stepped inside, pulling me with him. On the other side revealed a place that hosted more positive memories than bad. With people that were dead and gone now. I looked around. It was exactly the same way it was months ago. Nothing had changed.

"My loft," I breathed.

"It seems to be the only place that we can breathe the same air without trying to kill each other," he said honestly. "Besides, I love this place."

"You do?"

"Don't you?"

I laughed a little and walked off only to be reeled back in by Alaric. He turned me around and pressed me against the nearest wall. My eyes trailed down to his lips then back up to his eyes.

"You told me to take you, Xenia," he said with slight amusement. "That means I lead the way."

Pure arousal flooded my body. I was ready for him now, and I knew that he would only tease me.

He brushed his lips against mine. "Are you wet, yet, Xenia?"

I swallowed.

"I'm always wet in your presence, Alaric," I whispered, unable to speak any louder.

He chuckled and let his hand drift. He made sure to hover over all of my erogenous zones and cupped my sex through my leggings. He let out an almost inaudible groan, which caused me to whimper. I felt him then gently caress me, rubbing in circles, gradually increasing pressure.

"Ohh, Alaric... this is not fair," I whined.

He pressed his lips to my neck and flicked his tongue along my skin, then trailed up to my ear. He pressed his body further into me so I could feel his every bone.

"None of this is supposed to be fair," he said and grazed my lobe.

I shuddered.

"Why not?"