8

Jade Adams

He told me he loved me. He loves me and I feel like such an asshole. I'm using him and he loves me. I have to tell him. I have to tell him the truth.

Tony gave me a copy of Bryce's confession.

So now I have to tell him. I have to give him my confession.

I walk into the gym to see him shooting hoops.

"Hey baby." he greets me.

"Hi." I smile back. "Are you busy?"

"Not for you. What's up?"

"We need to talk."

"Ok..." he sits down. "What's wrong?"

"I knew about the tapes before you told me about them."

"How?"

"Because I listened to them. Because I have a set."

"How is that possible? Tony is the one with the extra set." I shake my head.

"Hannah gave me a set that she didn't want anyone else to know about."

"Why? Why you?" I shrug.

"I don't know. I decided that I would make it my personal... mission to infiltrate your friend group to find out what was really going on."

"So you were just pretending? When I told you about the tapes... you knew I didn't tell you about Sheri's... everything was just a lie?"

"No. Yes. At first it was. At first it was all acting but then... then I fell in love with you."

"But you lied! This whole time I thought you really cared about me but you were just pretending!"

"I do care about you Zach! Really I do."

"I brought you into my home. You met my family!"

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Fuck you Jade! I—I really cared about you. I—I love you."

"And I love you." I walk up to him but he pulls away. "I do love you Zach." I sigh. "I want us to be together." I pull a piece of paper out of my bag. "I know you probably won't be able to forgive me but I hope this helps in any way." I hand him the paper and leave the gym.

Zach Dempsey

I take the piece of paper from her and watch her leave the gym.

How could she lie to me like that? She used me.

I angrily open the paper

Oh My Dollar Valentine

I look down the list of names and two names stick out.

The second name on the list: Jeff A.

The first: Zach D.

My phone makes a noise and it's a text from Alex.