9

4 months later

Jade Adams

Zach and I have been doing so great these past few months. Zach has been really helping out Alex with his adjusting.

And Zach and I have been "boinking it like bunnies" as they say. We have a very active sex life.

Bryce has a girlfriend, Chlöe. Chlöe and I are both dating the star athletes so we're kind of the Queen Bees. And I like being a Queen Bee.

Deran got a job at his old construction company. Nothing physical of course but he's a manager. He got his bachelors in construction when he graduated high school, so I don't know why he didn't become a manager in the first place. But the pay's great and on top of that he's going to AA meetings and now he's in recovery. I'm so proud of him.

"I'll take that." Zach says as he take the backpack off of Alex.

"I can carry my own books." he groans.

"Yes Alex because you are a strong independent man who don't need no man." I say.

"Let me help. Don't be a dick." Zach says. "Welcome back."

"Thank you." Jessica says brightly.

"I meant to ask you guys about my note." Alex says.

"What note?" Zach asks.

"My suicide note." He pulls it out of his pocket.

"Jesus! Put that thing away."

"You're acting like it's radioactive."

"I know it's not..." Zach says.

"We're not allowed to talk about suicide." I say. "Or you or especially Hannah."

"Says who?" Jessica asks.

"Says the school." Zach answers. "They made a rule the day after you... after that day. And if you talk about suicide on campus, you get suspended."

"That's so fucked up." Alex says.

"Mhm." I agree.

"Oh shit." Jessica says. We look over and see Bryce, Monty and Scott walking down the hall.

The group knows that I knew about the tapes beforehand. They were REALLY pissed at first, but then they got over it.

"Let's go." Zach urges. "Who do you have first? Mr. Wood?"

"I can't turn that fast Zach." Alex says.

"What are you running from Zach?" Jessica asks.

"Nothing." Zach says.

"Hey Jess! Alex! Welcome back guys." Bryce says.

"Seriously? 'Welcome back'?" Alex says

"Alex stop." Jessica says. "I'll see you all after third. I'm gonna take the long way. It's gonna be a good day." she leaves us.

"You ok?" Zach asks Alex.

"I'm fine. Let's go." The two of us walk Alex to his class, which he shares with Alex.

"I'll see you next period." I say to my boyfriend.

"Looking forward to it." We kiss. "Love you."

"Love you." Zach got subpoenaed for Hannah's trial. I just pray that they don't call me in for whatever reason. I hate lawyers.

<>

Zach Dempsey

After talking with Clay at his locker about the trial, I'm getting really worried. I have to do something.