Chapter 14

His head hit the ring mat, making him groan in pain. It hurt, but not as much as being hit by the sledgehammer that Hunter had used on him. Someone came on top of him, grabbing his leg. He was being pinned. By who he didn't know.

He heard the bell ring, and the announcer yelled out the persons name. His eyes flew open.

'Battleground! I'm at Battleground right now. This is the night that Dean committed sucide!'

He remembered it so much. How he had gotten the phone call, had turned on the news, and found out that his best friend was dead.

It cut through him like a knife, the news of Dean's death. He remembered screaming in anguish, breaking everything in his hotel room, collapsing onto the floor and breaking down into tears.

The funeral. Everyone who loved and cared for Dean had came. He saw him, lying in the coffin, looking as though he were asleep. Wishing that it was just some nightmare that he would wake up from.

He remembered seeing Seth during the service, standing near a tree. Roman thought that Seth didn't care that Dean had died, since he didn't see him at the viewing. But the truth was that Seth didn't want to see Dean dead in the casket.

Roman wished he hadn't seen him like that. Lying so perfectly still, his hands folded above his chest, and his eyes closed, never to open again. That wasn't Dean. The Dean he knew could never sit still for one second, always twitching, moving. He was never one for being quiet either. Singing, even though he wasn't quite good at it. Always talking about the craziest things. That was the Dean that he knew. The one person who he had fell deeply in love with. The one person who he was going to miss so much and it hurt so much, because he never got a chance to tell him.

And here he was again. Staring at his best friend who was now surrounded by everyone from Smackdown, the belt raised above him. Roman smiled, seeing how happy he seemed in that moment, yet hiding a lot of pain underneath.

He turned to see Seth, who had a look of pure anger on his face. Probably upset because he knew what would happen to Dean because he still had the belt.

Dean came out of the ring, about to head backstage. Roman went over to him, grabbing onto his shoulder. "Dean, wait!"

Dean turned around, growling at him. "What do you want?"

"I...I just wanted to congratulate you. For retaining tonight. You did good."

"Whatever." He turned to walk away from him, but Roman stepped in front of him, blocking him from going any further. "Get out of my way."

"Dean please, talk to me. Please."