Chapter 7: Rex: Escaping the City

YAY! FINALLY, IT'S CAPTAIN REX'S POV!

-------------------------

The Ultrisians are nice people, General Skywalker said.

They won't trick them and keep them captive, he said.

Well, he was kriffin' wrong.

Rex knew something bad was going to happen when General Kenobi and General Skywalker got the message from the Jedi Council to go to Ultris. He told Skywalker his concerns when they arrived and the general assured him that nothing would happen. When they landed on the platform and exited their ship, Rex's paranoia left him when he met Captain Katari. He didn't see any hint of deceit in her. However, his worried thoughts returned when they were led into the throne room.

Rex knew something was off once he saw the guards in the room. Their hands were on their weapons as if they were ready to attack. Once the Queen spoke, he could tell they had fallen into a trap. When the fight broke out, Rex noticed Katari frozen before the throne, bewildered by the sudden attack. She didn't know they planned on capturing them. However, the thought disappeared when she threatened to take Ahsoka's life if they didn't surrender.

Rex glared at the guards and Captain Katari as they were dragged to the prison level. Once Captain Katari was on her way to leave, he saw her cold face turn into one of sorrow. Before Rex could get hit by the guards, he turned around and was led to his prison cell with Cody.

Cody and Rex had been in the cold cell for nearly twelve hours since the incident. Rex couldn't get Katari out of his head during that time. That look she gave him before she left. Rex knew she was planning something and it had to deal with them. He started to pace as he began, getting lost in his thoughts.

"Will you stop pacing?" Cody said annoyingly from the other side of the cell.

The commander was sitting against the cold, damp wall in their cell. Next to him was a filthy, brown toilet and sink. Both were covered in rust and had green spots all over them. Rex rolled his eyes and looked to his left at the two guards stationed right outside the ray-shielded doorway. They occasionally gave the two clones quick glances and snickered at each other.

"It helps me think," Rex shot back.

One of the guards turned around and slammed his fist against the wall. "Hey! Be quiet in there!"

Cody and Rex rolled their eyes. Rex walked over and leaned against the wall across from Cody, who was glaring daggers at the guards. Rex rested his eyes and tried to come up with an escape plan.

Rex opened his eyes when he heard a loud thump outside the cell. He peered outside the cell and spotted one of the guards lying unconscious on the ground. Before the other guard could say a word, a giant fist collided with his face, knocking him out before he hit the ground.

The attacker, who was a giant woman, stood in front of the doorway and cracked her knuckles. Rex shot Cody a confused glance before the commander mouthed, "I have no idea."

"What a bunch of wimps," The giant woman mused, placing her hands on her hips.

A smaller and thinner girl walked up to the guards and nudged their arms with her foot. "Yeah, they don't make them like they used to." The smaller girl said, sounding rather unimpressed.

"Zaria, Nari, we don't have time for chit-chat," Captain Katari's voice hissed.

Captain Katari pushed past them and pressed the button to deactivate the ray shield. Once it was down, Cody and Rex cautiously stepped towards the door. The smaller girl, who Rex assumed was Nari, stepped to the side of the door and bent over. When she stood back up their helmets were in her hands. Nari tossed the helmets to them.