Chapter 14: Luna: Rookies

Don't forget to comment and vote!

A couple hours after I had been sworn into the GAR, I was contacted by Allura through the comlink she had given me before I had escaped Ultris. It was late at night when the comlink went off in the small, spare room in the Jedi Temple (they didn't have a spare room prepared in the clone barracks). The gray room was a lot like mine on Ultris. The bed was just a thin mat on the ground with no blanket in sight. The pillow, unfortunately, was as hard as a rock. Minus the small window above my bed, it looked almost exactly like my room back home.

Home.

Just thinking about Ultris made me want to persuade the Jedi Generals to launch an attack immediately. I wanted to overthrow Queen Pandora and save my people, but I knew it would have to take time. While Ultris's army is small, their technological advances would be able to defeat a Republic invasion easily. To take back Ultris, we would need to plan and somehow find ways to fight against my planet's defenses. The best way to do that is to tell the Jedi Generals what I know about their weapns and hopefully steal some weapons from Ultrisian bases scattered around the galaxy.

I had picked up the beeping comlink and held it in the palm of my hand. Ultrisian comlinks were able to contact anyone in the galaxy without fail (most of the time). The gray, oval-shaped comlink was thin and was about the size of my finger. On the top was a white button with a white desk at the other end to display a small hologram. The bottom of the comlink was magnetized, so it could stick to my belt or my wrist guard easily.

I pressed the smooth button and a blue hologram of Allura appeared. The image flickered for a moment before showing Allura in a long dress with her head hung low. I noticed that her hands were gripping the fabric of her dress as if she was trying to tear it. When she tilted her head up, I spotted tears streaming down her face. My stomach dropped at the sight of her state.

"Please tell me you have good news," She spoke calmly through her tears. She bit her lip to try to hold back a sob.

It took me a moment to answer. I didn't want to say anything when I knew that the reason why she was crying was because of what happened to the Amazons. I wanted to know about them first, but the last thing I wanted to do was to upset Allura even more.

"I joined the GAR," I said, gulping slightly. I just wanted her to say it and get this over with. I wanted to deal with the pain before it affected me too much. "I'm serving under General Skywalker in the 501st."

Allura sighed and released her dress from her death-grip. She moved her hands up her arms until they reach her shoulders. She turned her face away from me - something that she always does when she has to tell bad news.

"Luna," Allura spoke, "the Amazons have been Controlled."

That was when I had broken out a loud sob. I placed my hand over my face while Allura told me how they had been publicly Controlled. I wanted to pretend that the wall was Queen Pandora's face and punch it, full force. The queen had the nerve to make it a show to display what happened to traitors. It made me sick to my stomach.

Allura tried to comfort me as much as she could, but in the end, she couldn't stop the tears that were escaping me. My team, my family, had been taken away from me for good. I didn't know if they would ever be released or if they could be. No one had ever been taken out of a Controllment; a control unit was never meant to come off. The only way it would come off was if the person had died.

After Allura turned off her comlink, I fell to my mat and screamed into the pillow. After about a minute, I threw my pillow at the wall and sobbed. Like the first weeks after my parents' murder, I cried myself to sleep.