Chapter 3

Liam POV
"Daddy I don't want to!" Zayn said as he got up and ran to the bathroom door.

I watched him yank on the door trying to open it. I stood up and walked over to him. I couldn't bare it any longer and unlocked the door. It was to late. He dropped to the floor and started crying,

"I couldn't hold it anymore." He cried.

"I know baby I know. Let's get you cleaned up." I said picking him up and bringing him to the bathroom.

I pulled down his jeans and laid him down on the ground and started changing him into a fresh diaper and he just cried.

"It's alright baby," I soothed. "I'm almost done."

I taped up the sides and picked him up. He looked at me and and hugged me tight.

"I think it's time for bed baby." I said.

Usually he would say he's not tired and fight to stay up but he just nodded his head and I carried him to his bedroom and laid him down. Holding it in all day must have taken a toll on his body. I felt so bad. When he dropped to the ground he looked so defeated. This needed to be done. For him to learn it's okay to do this is probably a very hard thing to do. When he was actually little he learned not to do this. I don't think what we did was bad but we could've been more lenient with him.  I wrapped him up in a blanket and snuggled with him until he calmed down and slept. I went out to inform the boys of the situation. They were all working on something but Zayn is more important.

"Guys we have a situation." I said nervously.

They all looked up from what they were doing.

"What do you mean?" Harry questioned.

"Uh.... Zayn finally went in his diaper." I said.

"That's good right?" Niall asked confused.

"Well he kind of ran to the bathroom, couldn't get it open, finally going after holding it in all day, and falling on the floor crying." I said.

They all just stared at me shocked and wide eyed.

"What did you do?" Louis asked nervously.

"Well I was actually going to open the door and let him go but I was too late so I cleaned him up and put him to bed." I said. "Holding it in all day must've taken a toll on him. He didn't even put up fight.....Maybe we shouldn't have done this." I said shamefully. 

"The damage has been done, but I think this was good for him." Louis said.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"Well he probably won't want to experience this again so he'll just go." Louis said.

"What if he does do it again?" Niall asked.

"I don't know, but we should try a different tactic." Louis said.

"It was traumatizing to see." I said.

"We will just have to wait and see." Harry said.

Yeah..... wait and see.