Chapter one

One thousand years had past since the spirit had fallen out of The Fade and became apart of this world. It had regained its strength, awakening itself from its sleeping state but it could not return to whence it came. The spirit made itself more human, more real, so it could, at least, live among the forest without feeling wrong but ended up losing the memories of what it had as a consequence.

Deep within Faron Woods, hidden among the thick green leaves of the trees was a young female. Her skin was pale, littered in small marks and faint bruises, which made the red marks under her (E/C) eyes noticeable. Her eyes were slightly hidden by her (H/C) hair, that did not fall past her shoulders. On her head rested a wide-brimmed, leather hat with a light metal crown. The front bit of the brim was held up slightly by a strap that helped her see better. Her slim body was covered by a grey, long-sleeved shirt, a pair of dark coloured pants and grey shoes. The grey shirt was also covered by a black cotton jumper.

She sat on a tree branch, gently rocking back and forth as she listened to the wind whistling. The gentle breeze danced through the leaves as the (E/C) eyed girl quietly sighed. Soft tweets were heard from the colourful birds that nested in the trees. The luscious grass swayed. (Y/N) opened her eyes and stopped rocking, a whisper of cold fear caught her attention. If someone was in pain, sorrow, anger, fear or guilt, she could sense it even if they were a certain distance away. She jumped from the branch, landing without a scratch, and began to follow the fear.

The walk was not long, the whispers of fear acted as a compass, telling her which was to go until she reached the source of the fear. On the ground was a small patch of grass that seemed to shiver more than the rest of the grass. (Y/N) gently tapped the shivering grass with her finger less gloved hand.

"Excuse me?" her voice mirrored her expressionless face. The grass stopped and the small creature sat upright. The creature, known as a Kikwi, clapped at the sight of the hatted girl. 

"(Y/N)!" the little Kikwi cheered, latching itself to her leg as a hug. She patted its back a bit. 

"Flecks of fear pour from you. What scares you, Lopsa?" (Y/N) asked. Lopsa released her leg and looked up at her, the fear quickly built up again.

"I-I saw some monsters! Kee-Kwoo!" it exclaimed, her little body shaking like a leaf in a storm. (Y/N) turned her attention to the path to see there was multiple footprints on it. 

"T-They were red a-and had weapons. Kee-Kwoo." Lopsa whimpered, covering her eyes as if it would protect her from whatever went past. The footsteps led down the path, faint warm greed followed the footprints like smoke from a flame. (Y/N) reached behind her back to find her twin long daggers resting in their sheaths.

(Y/N) walked in the shadows of the trees, keeping her eyes on the footsteps and trail of greed. This was not the first time something like this has happened. Every now and again, these footprints would appear and some Kikwis would say that they saw a couple of red goblin-like creatures. (Y/N) has also seen them a few times from the shadows, but they never noticed her. Even if they did notice her, they would not remember it.

The footsteps took her to what looks like an abandoned campsite. The small fire-pit's wood was still warm, recently put out. The area was littered in half-eaten food. (Y/N) slowly approached the campsite and examined the site better. This is fresh. The wood was actually weakly glowing. Something was not right. If the footprints led her here, where are the footprints leading away from the campsite? She froze. Her senses focused, attempting to pinpoint any threat close to her. Suddenly, a red goblin-like creature charged at her, its club raised high and yelling. She rolled out of the way, unsheathing one of her daggers and rising to her feet. It swung its weapon around, each swing missed her easily, it clearly had not much training. (Y/N) gripped its club and pulled it from its grasp then tossed it away. It stood there and yelled again. Out of the bushes, more of those creatures charged at her. She avoided their attacks, her daggers flying and slicing before they could understand what was happening, but when they did, their bodies collapsed to the ground. She did not stop until she was safe. 

Once the creatures were dead, she sheathed her weapons and looked around. Her gaze fell upon a black piece of metal. Approaching the metal, she piked it up carefully. The metal was actually a dagger, smaller than hers. It was light and beautifully designed. A blood red gem was embedded in the handle. This was obviously not one of the goblin's weapons, so who does it belong to? (Y/N)'s hand gently stroked the blade, a strong sense of determination emitted from the blade, along with cracks of rage that matched the colour of the gem that almost blocked out the small cold whimpers of sorrow. These emotions belonged to its owner. She should return it to them. Slipping the dagger into her pocket, she turned her heel to walk away. Before she could take a step, a flurry of black and yellow diamonds appeared in the corners of her eyes which made her stop.  A powerful aura behind her froze her movements.

"I believe that belongs to me." a smooth voice spoke behind her. Her vision was devoured by darkness and her contentiousness slipped away. 

Thank you for reading, and please leave feedback.