Chapter fifteen

It all made sense now. The gentle breeze danced gracefully in the air, spinning the falling leaves around in the soft rays of the sun who assisted in this Nature Samba. The birds sung with the whistling wind, creating a sweet song. (Y/N) sat on the battlement, her leg tapping the stone in a rhythm as she gently rocked back and forth. The warm, soft hum that she originally heard in Ghirahim's chest now echoed in her own. Delicate red glows from the soul, gently thrumming inside her rib cage. Her muscles warm from the embers in her chest. Her right hand tingled from his touch, the walls he built around himself were finally broken down. The chains that held him back were gone and he could allow himself to feel again, allow himself to be free. To love again.

Love was something mortals (or any living creature) felt. (Y/N) looked at her pale hands. What did it mean if she could feel it? Was she human or a spirit? For now, it didn't matter. She was (Y/N). Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out the ocarina again. Placing it to her lips, she closed her (E/C) eyes and blew into it.

The Demon Lord couldn't remove the small smile on his lips. He had spent so long in loyalty and servitude that he had forgotten how it had felt to feel love and to be loved in return. The walls that were suffocating him were gone. It was incredible to feel his soul again. And he owed everything to the hatted spirit. The thought of her, even now, made him smile. She was truly intoxicating to him, and he loved it. All thoughts of pleasing Demise were as meaningless as the sand. (Y/N) had shown him that there were things much more powerful than power.

Ghirahim wandered over to his bedroom window to see (Y/N) sitting on the battlements playing the ocarina. He opened the window and heard the same song that he once believed bewitched him. The tune filled his head like water filling a cup, he felt as if he was floating when he was close to her. His smile dropped into a frown, Demise may be sealed away but Mileena was still out there, hunting (Y/N) down. He would not allow that. He would give his life to protect (Y/N) from that foul snake with legs. He promised her that an he mean to fulfil it. But, how would she react when she finds out he is the dark king's servant? The thought of her leaving struck fear into his chest. She couldn't find out, some secrets are best kept hidden. His dark eyes shifted to an unlit candle that sat on the windowsill, an idea formed in his mind. 

(Y/N) spent most of the day in the garden. The flowers' music sounded sweeter, softer like the delicate tone of a hap being played. She closed her (E/C) eyes, listening to the warmth in her chest along with the flowers. Gentle glowing embers illuminated her hollow chest, she could hear the crackle like wood burning. It made her feel her blood flowing through her veins, it felt lighter. She felt lighter.

The small rabbit curled up in her lap as she stroked it. She had wondered how it felt to be human. Maybe Ghirahim was the beacon that would help her grow and learn. A small smile lifted her lips. The sun began to sink under the horizon and she stood up. The rabbit hopped off, retreating to its home as (Y/N) teleported to her room. Her eyes instantly fell upon the drawing pad, she took it into her pale hands and sat down. With the pencil in hand, her mind created the image that transferred to the page. The image of Ghirahim standing in the library next to the fire place began to show in detail. Just as she set the pencil down after finishing her drawing, a knock at her door was heard. She rose to answer but no one was there. (Y/N)'s eyes fell down to see a flower petal, a pale purple one. Looking down the hall, she noticed there were more petals, they were leading her somewhere. The spirit was intrigued by the strange appearance of the flower petals and followed them down the hall, they were placed down with care, not just dropped on the stone floor.

The purple petals led (Y/N) to a large ballroom. The floor was layered in hardwood rather than stone and carpet. The polished floor reflected the candle lit chandeliers that lit up the room. Beautiful carvings were engraved into the walls and columns. The purple petals created a large circle in the middle of the room. Power gracefully danced in the air of the ballroom, the hidden faces of masks faintly lingered but were easily overlooked by the spirit. Whispers of old music echoed in the room, bouncing off the walls with effort. Like the garden, this place was pure. Untouched by the dark power that corrupted the throne.

Suddenly, the candles went out, shrouding (Y/N) in shadows for only a moment before the snap of fingers was heard and they lit up again. This time as a gentle glow. In the centre of the ballroom, Ghirahim stood, his cape was absent from his shoulders. A small smirk on his white lips as he gave her a bow.

"May I have this dance with you?" he asked her. (Y/N) could feel the warmth he emitted again, it filled the room, whispering its song to her. The hatted spirit looked down, her hand fidgeted with her glove as she hid her pale face.

"I don not know how to dance. I'm sorry to disappoint you." Ghirahim gave a light chuckle as he stood upright. He held his hand out for her to take.

"Then I shall teach you, if you wish." (Y/N) carefully took his hand, he placed her hand on his shoulder and locked their free hands together whilst his other hand placed itself on her waist. As he did, soft music began to play. Music that reminded (Y/N) of a music box.

Ghirahim took a small step back, and she took one step forward. He took one step to the left and she took a step to the left, their eyes locked with each others. He released her waist and stretched back, holding her at arms length only to pull her back, holding her close. She followed his actions in perfect sync, all her trust placed into him at this moment. Ghirahim took her hand again, gracefully spinning her in a small circle with care then pulled her into his chest.  (Y/N)'s eyes glinted in the candle light as she looked at him, the Demon Lord's lips held the smirk as they stepped to the right twice and spun around. She could feel his joy that laced his aura through their interlocked hands. He was enjoying this. (Y/N) had seen people dance but had never understood why they would. Now she was beginning to. To feel his heart beat with hers, their bodies dancing in rhythm. To hold one significant other close, comforting them and wondering how they deserve them. That was why people dance with someone they love, to show them they are important to them. Ghirahim spun her around again, his hold on her hand was gentle but firm to keep her from slipping away. As the song came to an end, Ghirahim held her close, placing a kiss on her lips.

"You continue to amaze me, (Y/N)." he told her. She bowed her head, her own lips placing themselves onto the back of his gloved hand. 

"Thank you for teaching me how to dance."

I am sorry it took so long to do, and I am also sorry if it seems silly. I wanted to write a beautiful scene between the two characters and this came into mind. Again, thank you all for your support and patience. Please leave any comments and votes. Thank you all again.