Chapter five

When the hatted girl and the Demon Lord returned to the castle, the female went to her room, leaving Ghirahim alone with his thoughts. He found himself, again, in the library, thinking about the conversations he and (Y/N) had during their walk. She was able to sense that dying adventurer, sense his emotions. Ghirahim has never met nor heard of someone being able to sense emotions as clearly and continuously as (Y/N). The small possibility of what she truly was nagged in his mind, bumping into any  thoughts of his. A low sigh left his lips and he stood up. He walked over to another bookshelf and scanned through them until he found what he was looking for. Spirits of The Fade.

          Due to the small amount of information on The Fade, there is not a great deal of information about its inhabitants. It is uncertain of how many types of spirits there are but there were bits of information on the temple walls. A Spirit of Vengeance is known for its way of deciding  whether someone should be punished and how much. The downside though is that these spirits can become merciless and are rarely summoned as they are one phase shift away from becoming a demon. 

Ghirahim let the information process. By the way that (Y/N) acts and behaves, it is unlikely that she is a Vengeance Spirit. 

          The Compassion Spirit is possibly one o the more rare yet fragile spirits recorded. Their gentle and caring nature separates them from the other spirits and makes them (possibly) more of a target for demons. 

He stopped reading. A gentle and caring nature is what (Y/N) possesses, the way how she could hear emotions,the evidence was there and he knew it.

          Demons from The Fade normally enter this world by possessing something living. In their true form, they appear bizarre and monstrous.

Ghirahim thought for a moment, (Y/N) has not possessed anyone otherwise she would know she was not human, and yet she appears human in all respect. He set the book down and flicked his hair. (Y/N) as a Compassion Spirit, there was too much evidence and similarities to prove it. Just as he rose from his seat to find the hatted girl and tell her what he had discovered, a bokoblin opened the door and bowed, its strange language informed him of a visitor waiting to speak with him.

Ghirahim appeared in a flurry of diamonds in the throne room to greet his sudden visitor. The moment his dark eyes landed on the visitor, a scowl painted his face. Shoulder length black hair that made her fiery snake-like eyes glow somewhat. Her peach coloured skin was consumed by a layer of small reptile scales that would harden at will to protect herself. Her teeth were two rows of sharp blades that could sink into and tear flesh, but her extended fangs that harboured a fast acting poison was what worried people. From her lower back a thin tail swayed. Her armour, no including her skin, was a simple set of dark blue cloth that covered her under clothing leather, it allowed her stomach and right shoulder to be expose. Her knee-high boots made an annoying click sound when she walked on stone flooring that made the Demon Lord want to stab her with her own boots if she was not Master Demise's second servant.

"Lord Ghirahim? I still don't understand why Master Demise let a sword watch over his castle." the woman spoke, spitting out the word Lord like a piece of spoiled food. Her tone was harsh due to her hiss that showed when speaking with the letter S.

"Mileena. What do you want?" Ghirahim growled through gritted teeth. After Master Demise's imprisonment, they both split paths to find some way to break the Goddess's enchantment and free their master. There was one little problem though: they both despised each other. Mileena walked over to Ghirahim, an old worn book in her clawed hand.

"I've found a way to bring Master back." she said with a smug smirk on her lips. "We use the pure essence of a spirit." Ghirahim for a split moment felt a small shock of worry strike his nerves but quickly suppressed it.