Forks, Washington/First Day of School/The Cullens

I glared out the window of Charlie's cruiser, watching the rain pour down in torrents, and wondered, yet again, why I was being forced to come live here with my dad, and a sister that is two months older than me and hates me. Oh, right, because mom and Phil want some alone time... As we pulled into the driveway of our house, I quickly hopped out and grabbed my stuff, raced inside, went upstairs, and locked my bedroom door. I quickly unpacked and redecorated...I hung up thick black curtains to block out the sunlight, made up my bed with black sheets, a black pillow, and a red and black comforter, sorted all my clothes into the closet, and immediately flopped onto the bed.

    I plugged my headphones into my iPod, selected some Evanescence, and drifted off into sleep, knowing neither Bella nor Charlie would come check on me...The next morning, I threw on a plain black tee, my red and black flannel jacket, ripped black jeans, and my red and black Vans, and raced outside, but, of course, Bella had already left me behind. Great. The first day of school and I was gonna be late. I began the long walk to school, my anger fading slowly, replaced by hurt. Why they hated me so much I don't know... A shiny silver Volvo screeched to a stop beside me, and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I was terrified, but then again, no one would notice if I was gone...

    My jaw nearly dropped, when the back passenger window rolled down, and the most beautiful girl I had ever seen smiled at me, nearly stopping my heart. She asked in a sweet voice like silk,"Do you need a ride? We're headed to school ourselves." It took a minute to remember how to talk, and then I managed,"Sure." She opened the door, and scooted over, as I climbed inside. The bronze haired boy driving was very quiet, and looked pissed off. The girl held out a hand, and said,"Alice Cullen..." I shook her hand, her pale skin slightly whiter than mine, and her eyes widened for an instant, then she smiled again. "I'm Rowan Swan, me and my sister just moved here to stay with our dad." She asked,"The sheriff, right?" I nodded, and as we parked in the school parking lot, I nervously glanced at the boy in front... She laughed, a beautiful bell like sound, and told me,"Don't mind Edward...He's just cranky..." And that was the last I saw of the two until lunch...

     At lunch, I sat by myself at a table, away from Bella and her new friends, and stared at my food, picking at it numbly...Suddenly, everything went quiet, and I looked up to see five kids enter the cafeteria...I learned that the beautiful blonde was Rosalie Hale, the muscular boy was Emmett Cullen, the blonde boy who looked like he was in pain was Jasper Hale, Rosalie's twin brother, and last, but not least, came Edward and Alice Cullen. I turned my eyes back to my food, and then, got up and threw it away. A familiar voice said,"You really should eat, you know." I whirled around, and came face to face with Alice. I winced, as the whole cafeteria stared at us. The resident popular kids apparently didn't talk to many people, so I was the star attraction now...I grimaced, and told her,"Thanks for your concern, but I rarely eat anyway..." I knew I was being rude, as I walked away, but I didn't care at that point...