Bella Almost Drowns/My Lost Angel Returns

For the next week or so, Bella spent almost all her time at La Push, and I spent that time searching for Victoria on my own, without the wolves...They had their way and I had mine...But I didn't find anything...Finally, one day, it turned out the wolves were on Victoria's trail, and Bella was left at Jake's...I went there, and got a bad feeling, as Billy told me Bella had gone to the beach...Especially as I remembered her having told me something about cliff jumping...I raced to the beach, and screamed,"No!", as I saw Bella jump...She hit the waves below, and due to the stormy weather, they were choppy and dangerous...I searched for Bella, until her head broke the surface for an instant, then disappeared...I didn't think twice before flinging myself off the cliff, and the water rushed over me...I saw Bella not far from me, and, as she looked frightened, I turned my head and saw Victoria watching her...Our eyes locked together, and she smiled and swam off...I saw Bella sink, and realised she had hit her head on a rock...I quickly grabbed her, and swam towards the shore, dragging her onto the beach...Jake and Sam raced up, and Jake asked,"What happened?!" I said,"Cliff diving..." He began pounding Bella's back, until she coughed up water, and he began chewing her out for going out in this weather without him...

    He said something about a hospital, and apparently, Harry Clearwater had had a heart attack, and wasn't doing good...Jake carried Bella back to his house, and I told him,"Take care of her...I'm going to my house to change..." He asked,"Are you sure?" I said,"Jake, I'll be fine...Take care of her...I can take care of myself...Trust me..." He nodded, and I sped off to the house...I went upstairs, and stripped out of my wet clothes, not even cold...I ran a hot shower, and concentrated on the noise, as I realised how close Victoria had gotten to my sister...I heard the door open and close below, and Bella begin talking to someone with an angelic voice...I threw on a long sleeved Metallica tee, and black jeans, and slowly walked downstairs...

    As I hit the bottom of the stairs, I froze, seeing Bella sitting with someone I never thought I would see again on our couch...They both turned around as I walked in, and I asked in a whisper,"You okay, Bella?" She nodded, and I swallowed hard, then said,"Okay...I'll be in my room if you need me..." I turned to go, and that beautiful voice said,"Rowan, wait..." I froze, and asked,"Why? Why should I?" She sighed, and said,"Because I have to explain..." I clenched my fists, and asked,"Explain what? You made everything pretty clear the day you left..." She said,"I deserve that...But please..." I turned to face her, and she froze, and asked,"Why...Why can't I hear your heartbeat?" That did it...I said,"You want to know why...Okay...I died, Alice..In every way possible...And I can't sleep or cry anymore either...I died on my birthday, alone, in my room..." She was by my side in an instant, and I flinched, as she touched my arm...She said,"I can smell it, Rowan...Show me..." I yanked my arm away, and closed my eyes...She grabbed my arm, and rolled up my sleeve, freezing...She said,"Rowan..." I said,"Don't...Just don't...Don't pretend like you care...Please..." She said,"I'm going to be gone for one hour...When I come back, we're going to talk..." I walked upstairs, and then shut the door to my room, and began crying without tears, my whole body shaking with intense hurt and pain...