Bella Makes A Break For It/Carried Away/Question

The next morning, Alice drove me and Bella to school, shooting me meaningful glances as she drove. I smiled back, and a dazzling grin lit up her face. It didn't last long though, as she caught sight of Bella's cranky face. "Tonight, we'll go out to Olympia or something. That would be fun, right?" Bella muttered,"Why don't you just lock me in the basement, and forget the sugar coating?" Alice frowned, and I gently kissed her cheek. She sighed, and said,"He's going to take the Porsche back. I'm not doing a very good job. You're supposed to be having fun." Bella muttered,"It's not your fault. I'll see you guys at lunch." I sighed, watching her go, and looked at Alice."Before we get out of the car, I have to do something." She looked at me, and slowly smiled."Oh..Really? You want to do that now?" I nodded, and gently pressed my lips against hers, my arms snaking around her neck. Her lips met mine gently at first, then more urgently, her hands sliding up my back, her fingers brushing gently against a patch of bare skin. I shivered, and sighed, pulling away. "If we don't stop now, we'll never make it to class. I would spend all day kissing you if I could." She looked disappointed, but climbed out of the car with me anyway, and laced her fingers with mine. We walked inside school, students looking at us with shock and jealousy. I whispered,"I don't think they ever expected us to get together ever again." She looked at me, and then smiled brightly, leaned forward, and kissed me in front of the whole school. I heard shocked silence afterwards, and we walked to class in peace. We made it through class, our desks shoved so close together that her thigh brushed against mine, and I began thinking about certain things that I knew she and probably the rest of her family would be surprised to hear about. And if Charlie ever found out the things I was thinking about Alice, he wouldn't only be redder than a tomato, he would be furious. I forced myself to concentrate on my schoolwork, and when the bell rang, I stood up quickly, Alice not far behind me. Her hand slipped in mine, and she frowned. "Rowan..What's wrong?" I shook my head, and told her,"Nothing.." She sighed."Rowan..You're lying. I can tell. You always get quiet when you lie." I shrugged."I had some..Interesting thoughts. That's all." Alice stopped walking, and raised an eyebrow."Oh..Those are some interesting thoughts. I see what you want. So you were thinking about-" I interrupted her,"Never mind..It's fine. Just forget about it." I walked outside with her, then froze as I heard a familiar rumbling engine.

      Jacob yelled,"Bella, run!" My eyes locked on my sister, and I watched her run to Jake's bike, climbing on behind him. Her eyes met mine, and she shot me an apologetic smile, as Jake hit the gas, and they sped off. Alice growled quietly, her eyes filled with anger."That dog just kidnapped your sister! Edward won't be happy.." I sighed, and looked at her."It's not your fault..If he gets angry with you, he'll have to be furious with Bella, too..And he can't do that." She relaxed a bit, and sighed."I suppose you're right. Let's get back to class. And then, we'll wait and see if Bella comes back at my house. If she doesn't-" I interrupted her,"I will go after her. Not any of you. They'll kill you if you cross the border, Alice. But I've made friends with some of them." She sighed, reluctantly nodding, and followed me back inside the school. Class by class, I watched Alice in silence, as her fingers drummed anxiously against her desk. I knew not being able to see Bella around the wolves drove her crazy, but she was starting to draw attention. I gently put my hand on top of hers, stilling her moving fingers, and whispered, "It's alright, love. I know the wolves can be dangerous, but my sister isn't stupid, either. If anything happened, she'd call either you, me, or Edward. Besides, I'm sure she'll show up after we get back to your house, so stop worrying so much." She muttered, "I'm sorry. I can't help it..I just hate not being able to see. She could be anywhere or doing anything with Jacob Black, and I'm responsible for her. If anything happens-" I sighed, lightly pressing my lips against the spiky black strands of her hair, and shook my head. "Nothing will happen, Alice. I promise..And if it does, we'll deal with it together. Okay?" She slowly nodded, and slipped her fingers between mine, right as the bell tang, signaling the end of class.