The Hunt/Ballet Studio/Losing Control

We drove back to the Cullen's house, and Bella changed clothes with Esme and Rosalie, so they could try to throw James off the trail. Alice, Bella, Edward, Jasper, Emmett, Carlisle, and I went into their garage. Alice and Jasper offered to take me and Bella somewhere safe, and Edward painfully agreed. Bella had to come up with a good reason to give Charlie for leaving, and she played the hating Forks and going home routine, and I didn't need a cover story, seeing as how Charlie didn't give a damn about me....Alice and Jasper drove us to Phoenix, where Phil and Renee should be, and we checked into a motel...While there, Bella called Renee about a hundred times, though there was no answer.

As Bella laid down in the next room, I sat with Alice and Jasper, laying my head on her shoulder. She suddenly had Jasper grab a piece of charcoal and paper, and began sketching what looked the old ballet studio from mine and Bella's childhood....It wasn't far from the motel, and according to Alice, it was where James was hiding...Bella's phone rang, and she quickly answered it, walking into the next room, and shutting the door...Minutes later, she emerged, asking Alice and Jasper to get her some food...She asked me to go with them, but I had a sneaking suspicion that she was up to something, so I hid...Sure enough, when they were gone, she snuck out...And I had an idea of where she was going...

I quietly and carefully followed her to the ballet studio, and stopped outside, calling Alice and letting her know what was happening...She told me,"Stay there...Wait for me..." I said I would, but of course, that was until Bella started screaming...I raced inside, and halted, as I smelled Bella's blood...Oh God, it was calling to me...James smirked at me, as he looked up from my sister...Bella told me,"Run!", but I felt something primal within me stir, and a snarl echoed from between my teeth...His eyes widened slightly, and then he laughed..."Oh, an Elemental! My, this is quite the catch! I don't suppose your little friends warned you that you can still bleed, and still die? Oh well..." He moved towards me, and I dodged, flinging him into a wall...He came at me again, and this time, I was too slow, as he sent me skidding through broken mirrors, sharp pain lancing through my body...I smelled my own blood, and licked it from my mouth...

Something in me snapped, and I attacked him, with fury and animal instincts that welled up inside me...He managed to bite Bella, as Edward came in and attacked him, but then, I leapt on him, and everything went red again...When my head cleared again, James was in pieces on the floor, and Alice was in front of me...She held my face gently in her hands, and said,"Look at me, Rowan...Stay with me..." Bella's blood assaulted my senses, and I trembled with the effort of not killing her...Alice nodded, and said,"I know, sweetheart, I know...It's hard for me too...But if you let go, you'll kill her...Follow me..." She held tightly on to my hand, and lead me over to a pile that was made of James' various parts, and she handed me a matchbox...I struck it, and tossed it onto the pile, and whispered,"Burn in hell..." Bella's screaming eased, as Edward sucked the vampire venom out, meaning she wouldn't become like him...Edward picked her up, and raced off to the hospital with her...Meanwhile, I began to get a little woozy myself, as I felt the blood from my cuts dripping down onto the floor...Alice noticed, and caught me, as I fell...Then, everything went dark...