Chapter 3~ Nothing Lasts Forever

Dean's P.o.V

"What are you guys talking about?" Phil asked.

"Uhh..." Me and Seth chuckled awkwardly.

"About how..." Seth started.

"How great this celebration is. Two people who love each other so much are going to spend the rest of their lives together." I smiled.

"Speaking of marriage... I'm thinking about proposing to April soon." Those words shocked me the most.

"Are you sure about that? I mean... You've only known her for a year..." I trailed off.

"I'm in love with her, I can't help it. Something you probably don't know much about is love, but it is the best feeling in the world! But you'll never know it if you keep sleeping with women. If you stop that, you'll find true love." He smiled and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah..." I removed his hand from my shoulder.

"Okay Punk, I mean, Philip. You should be Philip go do what Philip is going to do, and I'll be Jonathan and do what Jonathan is going to do. Okay? Okay, I'm glad we had an understanding." I said sarcastically and walked outside.

"You need to do something before it's too late." Seth said.

"I can't do anything, like I said, she hates me! Believe me, Colby, I wish that I had a fucking time machine so that I could go back and stop myself from making my mistakes!"

"You can always apologize for them, thing about how many opportunities that you'll have now that your mom is marrying her dad."

"I guess you're right."

"You guess? You know I'm right." He chuckled.

~~~

~~~

~~~

AJ's P.o.V

I was sitting at a table by myself, getting lost in my thoughts, the time that I spent not getting lost in my thoughts was when my dad or Jonathan's mom introduced me to the family.

I sighed as I looked around at everyone having a good time, Celeste left earlier, because PJ got injured.

While she's having fun at the hospital, I'm having a great time at this get together, note the sarcasm.

"April." Phil said, snapping me out of my thoughts, he was sitting in front of me, across the table.

"Yes?" I asked.

"How do you feel about marriage?"

"It won't last long, it will fail in the end, my eyes have been opened after my parents' divorce. Nothing can last forever, Philip." I said.

With that, he stood up and walked away, letting me get lost in my thoughts again.

"April!" I heard a voice, snapping me out of my thoughts, I looked across from me and saw Seth.

"About time, you were out of it."

"I was sleep?" I asked.

"No, you were daydreaming. How are you doing?" He smiled.

"I'm fine. I think I made Philip upset." I said and looked around, the venue was nearly empty, only a handful of people were left, none of them were my dad, stepmom, brother, or any other family members.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They left, you're not on drugs are you?" He asked.

"No! I've just been thinking too much, zoning out. I guess I'll hitch a ride from one of Jonathan's relatives."