7 | good night gorgeous

"What do you mean you hate mint chocolate chip?!"

"Exactly what I said!"

"That's just... Wow. Wow."

"What? I can't dislike something? There's plenty of people who don't like that flavor."

I took another lick of my cone. "Yeah, but there are also people who hate puppies and make babies cry."

Taz laughed incredulously. "Are you saying I'm one of those people?"

"Are you one of those people?"

"Do I look like a villain to you?"

My eyes flickered over his attire. After I agreed to his ice cream proposal, he went home to change out of his sweaty clothes and came back to pick me up. During his absence, I wound up locking myself in my room to avoid my mom's excited questioning about whether or not I was going on a date and if he was my boyfriend and how long we've been dating and when she can expect him over for dinner... Right. So when he knocked on the door again, I all but bolted out the house, dragging him with me.

Anyways, he was in a loose tee and joggers now, brown hair damp from a shower rather than sweat. He gave me a questioning look and I shrugged. "Thanos would wear sweats if he could."

"Wowww!" I giggled at his appalled expression, keeping in step as we walked down the street. "I don't believe this. I buy you the best ice cream in town and somehow I'm the bad guy." He shook his head, taking a lick of his strawberry ice cream as it started running down the chocolate dipped waffle cone in his hand. "The shit I take from you..."

My brows rose in astonishment. Granted I've only known him a month, but he rarely curses.

When he caught me staring, he bumped our shoulders. "You're lucky I like you, Hicks."

I smile inwardly at the thought, but just continue to indulge in my double scoop of mint chocolate chip instead of ruining the moment with some smart ass deflective comment.

We stay out for two hours or so, walking the streets and window shopping as we talked. I learned that when Taz said he wanted to talk about us, he meant us as people, and I mentally face palmed because I thought he meant— Well, you know what. Anyways, it was nice getting to know him. I already thought he was a decent enough guy, figured there wasn't a bad bone in his body, and I was right. He may be flirty and occasionally defensive, but he's easily a good person.

It seemed easy for him to open up, being as how he's such a straightforward person, but I had a bit more difficulty deciding what exactly was okay to discuss with - let's face it - my crush. Internally, I tried to come up with conversational pieces, like do I tell him about my music taste or movie preferences? Should I mention my favorite sounds or smells? Do I ask if he has a girlfriend or is it too early for that? Does he want one? Wait, does he even like girls? Should I even mention sexual orientation?!

"Um..." I probably would've short circuited if he hadn't suggested, "How about I ask the questions and you just answer the ones you like, okay?"

I nodded, a little embarrassed by the fact that I'd clammed up so easily.

"Favorite color?"