9 | butter pecan man

We'd decided to have the study session at Connie's that same day. I rode with her to her house, Taz following in his Nisan. One thing I liked about Connie's Hyundai was that it smelled like her - like cinnamon, mint and vanilla - so it was almost routine for me to relax and doze off anytime I rode shotgun.

Not that that would stop her from starting a conversation.

"So what's the plan?"

"Hm?"

"Are we really just going to study or did you want me to coincidentally run out for something?"

I turned my groggy gaze towards her. "What?"

"You heard me," she said with a mischievous smirk.

"... I am not shooting my shot."

"Why not? You two would be great together!"

"I've only known him a few weeks! Con, for all we know, he could be some perv who preys on single black girls."

"Then that's a perv with good taste," she mumbled."

"Connie."

"I'm kidding! Look, all I'm saying is that if it were me, I would be giving a little more effort. Guys as sweet as him are few and far between. Plus, if you haven't noticed, he's hot!"

"I know."

"No Dana, I mean he is hawt. Like, he must've done something great in his last life to get reincarnated as a blessing on legs."

Second hand embarrassment made me laugh and face palm. "Oh my god."

"You wanna talk about fine as wine? That boy is top shelf, top floor, top atmosphere— just top. Top everything. Ten outta ten across the board!"

"Connie!" I giggled.

"He is! But all I'm saying is that you need to act like you like him. If you really don't, that's fine, but if you do, you need to make a move before somebody else does."

I quirked a brow. "Are you threatening me?"

She scoffed, laughing, "Nah girl. You know dark chocolate is my favorite. Keep your butter pecan man."

I lost it.

***

what's your favorite flavor?
;)