'Who Are You'

Julie's P.O.V

I walk out the door to feel the summer sun hit my skin as I pick up my skateboard from the side of the porch. Ugh, I have to run to the comic book store get a gift for my brother. I haven't been there in ages. I used to go there daily but, I've been caught up applying for colleges early so I don't have to do it later in the year. Honestly, I hope I get accepted into Madison it's so- what's the word for it-ah prestigious. Tangled in my thoughts, I skate across the street to take a short-cut but instead nearly get hit by a car.

"Beep!"

"Oh crap - um I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention- I spoke but didn't finish as I saw the boy jump out of his the car and start to apologize to me.

"Holy crap!" he shouted. " I'm so sorry I wasn't even paying attention and I'm the driver, anyway are you okay," he utters anxiously.

When he says that, I look into his eyes and immediately blush. It was like his eyes put me under a spell.

"U-um, y-yeah I'm okay thanks....anyway I've gotta go!" I say while skating away on my skateboard. I take a glance back to see him staring at me like he wanted to say something but I kept on skating.

I finally got to the comic book store on time to start organizing the comics by the author to try to forget what happened earlier. It's not like I work there, I kinda have OCD but I handle the 'other' things but I can't handle my fear of germs or the need to arrange objects in a specific manner. Not a lot of people know about it except for my family and some of my friends.

While I'm organizing the comics, I spotted one that my brother would absolutely love 'Superman vs Muhammad Ali'.  "This is perfect for him," I  mumbled.  

"Perfect for who?" I jumped at the sound of the voice. "What the hell-" I said while turning around to see the boy from early today.

I froze once I saw him. "Oh, did I scare you."  I became furious. "Are you following me!"

"No, well kinda?" He shrugged.  "You are such a creep, do you want me to call the fuzz because I will!" I walk away but he grabs my wrist.

"You dropped your tiny R2D2, I followed because I know how much it sucks to lose one of these."

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry I thought you were a pervert." I giggled.

"No it's okay I would think the same too. So you like Star Wars?" He looks at me interestedly.

"No I don't like Star Wars-" he looks at me with disappoint. "I love it !" His face lights up.

"Yes, someone who appreciate Star Wars as much as I do." He smiles.

"All my friends are like 'stop talking about Star Wars' that it's 'just a movie' sometimes I think that they are a spaz."

"The same thing with my family and friends, they always call my collectibles 'dolls'."

I looked at him in disgust. "How dare they?"

We went to go sit down in the corner and talked about Star Wars for hours. I looked at my watch to see it was 10:15. How did I not notice the time?

"Oh crap! I shouted. The boy I discovered to be named Eric jumped up. "What!"

"I'm so sorry I really have to go my dad is going to kill me," I uttered while heading out the door.

"But your comic for your brother." He reminds me. "Oh yeah, thanks," I say as I walk up to the register.

"Let me pay for the book, I owe you for almost running over you with the Vista Cruiser." He laughed.

" No, it's okay. I'll pay for it." "No, I should." I gave up and let him pay for it.

"Thank you so much." I five highed him but he stared at the tattoo on my wrist. "I wish I can't get one without my dad sticking his foot up my ass." He joked.

"Anyway, thank you so much for today you really made my day," I say as I kiss his cheek. He blushed.

"Me too. Do you need a ride home?" He asks me, looking concerned. "No, it's really okay thanks anyway. Bye." "Bye." I grabbed my board and quickly ran out the door.

That was the last thing I heard before I got home.

"Mom, I'm home! I'm so sorry!" I yelled as you went into the house.

"She's not home, Julie! She went dancing with her high school friends." I heard my brother Michael, yell from upstairs. 

I sighed in relief. I didn"t feel like getting yelled at tonight. 

"Is Dad still at work?" "No, he went drinking with friends."
"I guess it just me and you tonight," I said happily.

"No, I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow morning." He waved

"Okay, goodnight." He walked up the stairs. I looked down at my hand remembering that the comic book was still in it. "Mike! Here!" I quickly threw the book at the back of his head. "What the hell, Jan!" he quickly turns. He sees the book on the ground and smiles widely.

"Thanks, Jan." He picks up the book and walks over to me. "You are the welcome!" I bowed with a British accent.

"You're such a dork," He hugged me. "Promise me you'll stay that way." He kisses my forehead.

"Always, weirdo." I pushed him in a jokingly matter.

He yawned. "All right, I need to rest my brain. Goodnight."

"Goodnight!" I yelled.

I started to find myself thinking about Eric. He was cute. Oh and funny. I check the pocket of my pants for his number. He never gave it to me!

"Damn it, Eric!" I stomp my foot on the ground. How can I be so stupid?