01- Hopeful

🎶 cause am hopeful
yes I am, hopeful for today 🎶
BARS AND MELODY- HOPEFUL

  The school bell rang for the last time today. Nobody can understand my anticipation for this hour. It signified the end of my misery.

  Covering my face with my hoodie to hide my black eye of yesterday, I jumped out of my seat and began my usual race for the door.

  My heart was thumping slowly, yet so loudly that anyone close enough to me would have definitely heard it.

In my escape, I accidentally bumped into someone which sent my glasses flying off my face.

Oh great, now I am blind!

Okay, not blind but no! I have no time for this.

I crouched to feel the ground for my glasses when someone's voice came into my hearing.

"Looking for this?" The person says and I'm sure it's a guy because of the baritone nature and that honestly made me fidget.

Guys in my school don't necessarily talk to me except in extreme circumstances.

You don't want to know the extreme circumstance.

"Uh... Y-yeah I g-guess." I stuttered as I replied, squinting my eyes to know if I can glimpse who he is.

I felt a hand touch my face and slip on my glasses for me. After much blinking for accommodation, a cute brown-haired guy was standing in front of me with his hands in the pocket of his jeans.

"T-thank you?" It came out as more of a question than a statement.

"You're welcome?" He responded with the same tone I used and that kind of made me laugh a little.

I stood rooted and watched as he just smiled and walked away.

Unknowingly, I stared at him as he retreated to wherever he was heading.

On the first encounter, he seems nice.

The sound of a locker being jammed shut brought me back to my senses, and I began running again.

I whizzed by my locker and dropped my AP history text then shutting it and taking off.

He must not see me today...

I chanted that to my inner self while still running but I knew it was a waste.

It had become a daily routine.

Every day had become a cursed cycle, all because of him.

I got to the parking lot and to my surprise he wasn't there, as usual, waiting for me to come out of the building so I could choose which punishment suited me most.

My relief quickly developed into fear as Hunter had never missed a single opportunity to torment me.

I slowed my pace this time around since the coast was clear and stylishly scanned the area for any traces of him.

I successfully got to my bicycle without having seen him and I was about to unchain it when I heard the devil I was avoiding.

His laughter.

  He had the guts to laugh, the effontry. While I was here, with my inner self writhing in pain both past, present and anticipated.

I turned my head ever so slightly, to see how far away he was from me. As this had become such a routine, I had gotten used to calculating how much time I have left to escape him.

It's not like he can't catch me even if I run.

He was with his clique, seated on the bumper of his matte black Mercedes car with another hoe standing in between his legs practically rubbing his thighs and her hands going a little high to his illegal area.