Chapter 3

Fuyuhiko got to work. He took out the ingredients, and began making fried dough cookies. It took him around 45 minutes with all of the steps. But to him, it was worth it.

He absolutely loved baking, especially when he was baking his favorite food. It always made him happy, the smell was amazing and he couldn't help feeling warmth in his heart by doing it.
He honestly had no idea why he loved it so much. Maybe it was because he always enjoyed sweets?

Even though he enjoys the activity, he was always embarrassed of those facts. Though he doesn't seem like it, he was often the kid in school who would yell at people if they tried to talk to him. His trust issues that he had developed didn't help. So in order to keep that tough kind of aura, he never admitted to loving sweets and adoring baking.
He guesses this probably had something to do with his violent home life as well.

He shook his head, snapping out of the thoughts that clouded his mind. He fried the dough and put them on a plate.

Meanwhile, Hajime wondered what the amazing smell was in his room. That was when he heard a knock on his door. He opened it to find the short blonde not meeting Hajimes eyes and with a red face.

"Hey... I uh... um... can you come to the living room?" Fuyuhiko asks. His voice dripping with nervousness.

"Huh? Uh, yeah. Sure." Hajime responded flashing a quick smile to Fuyuhiko. The blonde just avoided eye contact and headed to the living room.

Hajime made it to the living room, and saw Fuyuhiko standing by the bar that was connected to the kitchen . He was holding a plate of the aroma that Hajime had smelled earlier. Fuyuhiko looked down.

"They're fried dough cookies... I made them because I wanted to apologize for yelling at you. We're dorm mates and I don't want you thinking I'm just a jerk if your going to be living with me..." Fuyuhiko said, his voice was quiet. Hajime stood genuine surprise in his expression. Did Fuyuhiko really just do this because he wanted to apologize? Hajime honestly never expected him to bake him something for an apology.

"Do you want to share?" Hajime asked with a kind smile as he sat down with Fuyuhiko. He wasn't just going to let Fuyuhiko do all this work and get nothing.

"I-I um... only if you want to..." Fuyuhiko muttered, surprised. Just how nice could Hajime be?

"Yeah, I do." Hajime states brightly. Fuyuhiko nods and Hajime takes the first fried dough cookie and eats it. Immediately the taste is amazing. It almost seems to melt in his mouth. He smiles at the sweet taste with stars in his eyes and began to eat more. He nudged Fuyuhiko into finally eating

They both ate all of the delicious treats and at the end they were finally not having a moment where the air is tense or both of them are awkward. They were both happy, though Fuyuhiko didn't smile, you could see it in his eyes. His eyes shone the way they hadn't before when Hajime had seen them.

"Those were really good Fuyuhiko! Where did you learn to bake like that?"
Hajime asked smiling. Fuyuhikos face turned red.

"Um... I learned to bake by myself..." Fuyuhiko states trying not to yell.

"Really?! That's impressive!" Hajime compliments the short boy. Fuyuhiko looked away, covering his face with his hands. His face was burning. He wasn't used to talking to a new person this much, and he definitely was not used to another person he didn't know complimenting him.

"I-...thanks..." Fuyuhiko mumbled. He stared at the counter top, still not wanting to make eye contact. Hajime looked at him, noticing his flustered he was.

"Are you okay Fuyuhiko? You look embarrassed, or surprised. Why?" Hajime asked. Fuyuhiko began to twiddle his thumbs.

"I dunno. I don't really get complimented by a person I barely know I guess." Fuyuhiko muttered trying not to sound annoyed. He wasn't annoyed, his tone just sometimes made him sound like he was.

"Aw, really? You should, you seem like a really amazing person." Hajime stated with a smile. Fuyuhiko just stayed avoiding eye contact.

Hajime smiled. Fuyuhiko was honestly one of the cutest people he had ever seen. He didn't mean that as in he had a crush on him! They had just met. He ment that as in he literally looked unbelievably adorable.

I mean what would you expect? He was still 5'1 despite being in collage, he had blonde hair with a cute head shape and freckles dusting his cheeks, with golden shining eyes. He's adorable.

Hajimes phone went off with a text tone. He picked it up and he immediately sighed.

Nagito- Hey Hajime you're dorm room 404 right? Me and Chiaki are coming over!

Hajime- Nagito! You didn't even ask to come over first!

When there was no response, Hajime face palmed. They didn't even ask! He was having a bonding moment with Fuyuhiko!

"Um... you okay?" Fuyuhiko asked hesitantly. Hajime sent him a smile.

"Yeah. It's just my friend Nagito is coming over and bringing my other friend Chiaki. He didn't really ask so..." Hajime said awkwardly. He didn't want Nagito or Chiaki coming over since he could tell Fuyuhiko wasn't comfortable with one new person, even worse three.

"I-um... I'm gonna go to my room..." Fuyuhiko muttered and got up, walking to his room. Hajime sighed disappointed.

That's when a knock came from his door. He got up and opened the door. There was Nagito and Chiaki.

This was going to either be chaos or calmness.