Unusual Circumstances

I'm dedicating this chapter to AlexLovesLife for being the first to comment :) Just showing my appreciation XD

Anyway I hope everyone enjoys this chap and leave comments below, por favor :D

            When she was younger, the queen always told her daughter to trust her gut and that if it feels wrong, it probably is. As the princess packs her bags for her departure home, she can’t help but recall those words of wisdom. What would her mother say if she told her that the bad feeling she’s had ever since the wedding has just gotten stronger? How would she react to know that her premonitions of Paolo’s impending doom have only begun to increase instead of diminish? What would she do if she found out about her daughter and Aber’s secret love?

            Shaking her head to rid herself of such thoughts, Bellezza calls for one of the many servants to carry her things to the car. While the servant is busy with her things, the princess walks slowly down the grand staircase. Her hand runs along the smooth, gold railing and she remembers her time here with her parents and Teddy. It was so long ago but still the memories of her and her brother sliding down this very rail countless of times fills her head. Images of her playing tag with both Teddy and Paolo accompany the other memories. When her eyes begin to water, Bellezza removes her hand. The visions disappear as did the glow they brought to her heart.

            Vita ushers her daughter down the stairs and to the sitting room where the rest of her family awaits. Bellezza sees her cousins, aunt and uncle accompanying her father and Aber in the spacious room but it’s who she doesn’t see that bothers her. Anne and the Baroness are not present. Her brows furrow in confusion as her mother pushes her along. Why would the bride not be with her husband the day after their wedding?  If they were to trade places and Bellezza was the one newly married, she wouldn’t dream of leaving her new prince for quite some time.

            With so many thoughts clouding the girl’s head, she doesn’t even notice the now comfy seat beneath her or that her aunt had begun speaking. Slowly coming back to reality, the princess catches the last bit of her aunt’s statement, “…the girl is such a sweetheart.”

            Trying hard to disguise her sneer, Bellezza leans back in the chair, coving her mouth with her hand. No one notices her change in demeanor- or so she thinks. Paolo, who had known the girl since she was in diapers, does notice and, as smoothly as he can, he excuses himself from the presence of his family and departs outside, but not before dragging his strong willed, little, cousin with him.

            The prince of Fydelity sits on the roaring fountain in the middle of the yard and gestures for Bellezza to join him. She does so reluctantly and for a few moments the cousins sit in silence. Neither one of them knows how to begin the very thing that is on both of their minds. But, despite the princess’ inner resolutions to start the conversation, Paolo beats her to it.

            “I was always good at reading you, Belle,” he says with a slight smile, “and I could tell that you were uncomfortable with my mother’s open feelings about my wife.” He puts a gentle hand on her shoulder. “I’ve been thinking about what you told me the day of the wedding.”

            Bellezza sits up in her seat and her eyes grow wide. Her heart hammers in her chest with anticipation that Paolo might be finally seeing the light, the truth about Anne and her cruelty. The princess bites her lip, unsure of how to follow Paolo’s statement. At her silence, he takes a deep breath and continues. “I’ve had about twenty-four hours to ponder what you said about Anne and I’ve decided that although your intentions may have been honorable, I’m going to ignore them.”