Falling Apart

OMG I am sooo sooo sooo sorry! i completely skipped this chapter! this comes inbetween inevitable and inescapable and fatal mistake! I have no idea how i did that so i'm terribly sorry for the confusion! :) I hope that by adding this chapter in, it clears up any questions.

~~~

She’s falling- falling into a never ending dark abyss. Her vision is hazy and her mind is in a daze. Her thoughts run wild, journeying from one subject to the next. Bellezza places her hands against her temples, hoping the gesture can ease her now pounding head. Suddenly, she can see clearly. Abernathy stands before her with an ear to ear grin. Once her eyes meet his, everything seems right, perfect almost. Her headache calms into nothingness, her thoughts are no longer scrambled. He offers her his hand and she begins to walk into the welcoming arms that she loves so much. But no matter how quickly she walks or how many strides she takes, the princess cannot reach the waiting farmer. It seems the more steps she takes, the further away he is. Frantic, she runs but instead of solving the problem, she only makes it worse by sending Aber even further away from her. Still, she runs absolutely positive that if she keeps running she’ll reach him. Her plan seems to be working as Abernathy seems to be more in reach than before. Finally, she reaches him and just as her hand touches his, the floor beneath her handsome farmer gives, allowing him to freefall below. The princess falls to her knees and tries to grab his wrist only for his hand to slip through her fingers. She watches as he falls into the abyss until she can see him no more. In tears, Bellezza stands although she doesn’t know what to do or where to go. It is the familiar laugh in the distance that stops her from crying any longer. She looks around searching for the source of the unpleasant cackle. She then sees Anne not too far away from where her Aber had once stood and her hands ball into fists. Seeing the Saharan princess’ change in demeanor, Anne shakes her head slowly and reveals Abernathy from behind her back with chains around his neck and wrists. The link connecting the chains are held tightly in Anne’s left hand. Still feeling the urge to defeat her nemesis once and for all, Bellezza only tightens her fists. Anne’s surprise has failed to scare but instead angered the princess more greatly than before. But the Baroness’ daughter has even more tricks up her sleeve. She then reveals Bellezza’s parents, the king and queen, from behind her back as well. They too are chained as Aber is- their chain link held in Anne’s right hand.

“What will you choose, Bells?” Anne asks as a wicked grin forms on her face. “Which is more important: your family and your throne,” she lifts the chain connected to the king and queen and dangles them over the abyss as if they way no more than a thin sheet of paper, “or your lover?” She lifts Abernathy’s chain as well, allowing him to hover over the black nothingness below.

The princess, confused as to which to choose, hesitates in giving her answer. This hesitation tries Anne’s patience and, just to make Bellezza suffer, releases both chains. The king and queen fall to their doom on one side and Aber on the other. The princess closes her eyes as their screams are carried on the wind. Tears fall down her face and onto the floor beneath her feet. Anne clicks her tongue and approaches her nemesis.

“You took too long Bells,” she says slowly. “They’re dead.” The scenery changes to show Sahara in ruins. The castle is aflame as it was all those years ago. Houses and markets are also on fire. But the people aren’t screaming or running to safety. They all lie in pools of their own blood, littering the ground around her. “Everyone’s dead,” Anne says with a laugh. “This is your future, Bells. Your mistakes kill everyone.”

From inside the castle, Bellezza can hear a familiar yell. She dashes inside, cutting through the heated flames and dashing up the staircase. She can hear his voice, the voice of her brother. His fists beat against the door as he yells for help. The princess approaches the door only to find it engulfed with red and orange flames. Determined to save her brother, she reaches for the door knob. The fire licks at her skin, traveling up her arm and burning flesh in its wake. Ignoring the pain she turns the knob and opens the door-