seventeen

two months later

it was finally october, one week away from jimin's eighteenth birthday. during the past two months a few things have changed. jungkook celebrated yet another birthday, hoseok finally decided to move into his own place, and jimin had grown closer to yoongi. in fact, jimin was rarely ever alone. he was almost always accompanied by the older male.

jin and namjoon had their suspicions but never dared to bring anything up, they didn't want to believe their innocent little boy was seeing the man across the hall. they like to believe their jimin just has a special bond with yoongi, a bond jimin doesn't seem to have with anyone else.

jimin's stutter didn't improve much but, he did manage to sell all of the cookie boxes, with the secret help of a certain someone. his stutter was still hard to live with but being surrounded with understanding people made things just a bit easier for him.

"i'm bored! can we go now?" taehyung whined, pouting as he rested his chin on jungkook's shoulder from behind, wrapping his arms around his waist. the couple, meaning jungkook, had agreed to going out with jimin to do some birthday shopping.

"no! taehyung stop whining. you're such a baby sometimes i swear. suck it up!" he scolded, rolling his eyes before turning his attention to jimin. the short boy was contemplating on which outfit he should get, using the mannequins as examples.

"i'll gladly suck you up." taehyung mumbled before backing away from the younger. jungkook's eyes immediately widened, his cheeks instantly turning a light shade of red.

"g-got it!" jimin squealed, smiling wide as he held his birthday outfit in his hands.

"damn chim, i gotta admit, with your figure you'll look bomb in that. fuck it up!" taehyung complimented, making the 'ok' hand gesture. jungkook chuckled and nodded in agreement. this made jimin feel confident but he couldn't help but wonder if yoongi would like it. he shrugged and walked to the register, buying the outfit anyway.

as the three boys walked out of the store jimin looked around, reading the names of the stores they passed by.

"so jimin, how's it going with you and yoongi?" jungkook asked, looking at the boy.

"g-good. h-he's sl-sleeping ov-ver o-on my b-b-birthday." he smiled wide, returning to looking around the mall.

taehyung raised an eyebrow, wrapping his arm around jungkook's shoulders. "and what about jin? namjoon? they're fine with that?"

"w-well... th-they d-don't know y-y-yet. w-we ha-have a p-plan th-though." jimin chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

jungkook giggled slightly, "i used to sneak taehyung into my room for sleepovers too. but, do you think you guys will finally um... you know..."

the eldest boy looked at the couple confused, not knowing what jungkook was implying. "w-what?"

"fuck. do you think you'll finally fuck?" taehyung blurted, earning a slap on his chest by his partner. "owww!" he whined, rubbing his chest. jimin chewed on his bottom lip to keep him from smirking.

"m-maybe." he mumbled before stopping in front of a hair salon.

"t-time to ch-change th-things u-up." he looked over at the two boys, motioning for them to follow him inside. taehyung made a weird face, earning yet another playful smack from jungkook.

"owww! stop that!"

***

"i-im h-home!" jimin yelled, closing the door behind him. he was greeted with silence, once again. lately jin and namjoon have been busier than usual but jimin didn't mind, that meant he had more alone time with yoongi.

he put his shopping bags in his room and walked to the kitchen, putting his phone down on the counter after sending yoongi a text telling him to come over. jimin read the note that hung on the fridge by a giraffe magnet.

it's date night after work! will be home late, food is on the stove. love you!

"d-date n-night. hm." he mumbled as he opened the fridge, looking for the last juice box he had saved for later. he prayed taehyung didn't drink it when he came over before leaving to the mall.

"jimin?" yoongi called out, closing the front door. he made his way to the kitchen and gasped as jimin closed the fridge, revealing his new look.

"d-do you l-l-like it?" the younger asked, smiling softly as he walked towards the pale boy. yoongi wrapped his arms around his waist and nodded, kissing jimin's forehead.

"i love it, my little orange."

FINALLY a proper longish chapter. are you guys proud of me?
also, in case you didn't get it, jimin now has orange hair hah