Chapter 8

Chapter 8  

Harry’s POV  

It was a few hours after that awkward exchange between Ruby, Niall, Emmie, and I. I saw the way Ruby and Niall were looking at each other. Well, sorry Ruby. Niall’s a great guy and all, but I’m not taking the chance of letting you get hurt again. Not after Ethan.  

All ten of us were outside on a massive deck. I was chatting it up with Emmie; she was mega hot, but I knew she liked Niall. She didn’t do a great job of hiding it. I looked across the deck, to check on Ruby for the tenth time this minute. She was sitting on Niall’s lap and they were laughing about something. That’s it. I had to stop this.  

“You know, walking over there won’t help,” Emmie suddenly said, making my head snap towards her.  

Her elbow was resting against the balcony, and she was smacking on her gum. Very loudly.  

“What makes you think I was going to walk over there?” I said stepping closer, until our faces were mere inches apart.  

This didn’t seem to faze her. Emmie looked straight at my face and spoke confidently.  

“I can see it in your eyes, Styles,” she said walking even closer to me. I couldn’t stand it; I took a step back.  

“Why are you so protective over her anyway, huh? Don’t want little Ruby to get her precious little heart broken?” She took more steps forward, I took more backwards.  

“Well, guess what, Styles?” she asked. I felt frozen, my lips couldn’t move.  

“Say ‘what’, Harry!” she spat out, reminding me of myself, when I was talking to Ruby.  

“W-what?” I managed to get out. It wasn’t very often when girls left me speechless. Emmalie was sure something.  

She got even closer to me and stood on her toes. Our faces were so close.

The only thing I could concentrate on was her breathing. And those brown eyes.  

“You can’t protect her anymore,” she stated, with an evil glint in her perfectly round, beautiful brown eyes.  

With that, she stood back down on flat feet, and sauntered away into the house. I was left only with the view of her ass in those yoga pants. I had to admit, it was a very nice view.  

Suddenly, someone grabbed my arm, pulled me through the opened glass door, and into the giant kitchen.  

“Ow,” I said while rubbing my arm.  

I looked up at Louis, who was smiling evilly at me.  

“What is it this time?” I asked, rolling my eyes.  

“I wanna pull a prank on Ruby!” he said excitedly.  

“Ruby?” I asked, still digesting what he said.  

“Yup!” Louis replied, swaying back and forth a little bit.  

I thought about it; Ruby could use a little fun. But she was already having fun with Niall… I felt my blood turn hot, as anger spread throughout my body. I was going to have a serious talk with Niall soon.  

Suddenly, my heart dropped to my stomach like a rock. I felt dizzy, as if I was going to puke any second now.  

Emmalie was right. I couldn’t protect Ruby anymore.   I looked back at Lou.  

“Ok, what do you have in mind?” I asked, making my decision.  

Louis smiled. I had a feeling this was going to be good.    

A/N  

hey guys! so (obviously) i just went on a huge posting spree.. yupp (:  

the next chapter gonna be REALLYYY long.  

like eight or nine pages on word. thats long. yeah.  

sorry for the previous short cahptars im trying to stop doing that.. its like a problem :p like i MUST end the chapter there. I MUST! hahah okkkk.

so i hope people actually read this story? tell me if you do!! that would be awk if this gets no comments.. AWKKK MO CHALK MO.   

yup goodbye!  

xx  

p.s. i dont know why but im really proud of this chap(: