June 13th

Waking up to something brushing against my side, I twitch at the sensation before it stops.

Snuggling into my hard warm pillow, all I want is to let sleep take over again.

Wait...

Hard pillow?

Slowly I open my eyes, vision still slightly blurry as I blink the sleep away. Seeing the pattern of the couch, I blink a little more in confusion.

Realising my pillow is moving up and down, I lift my head to see I am in fact on the couch still. Tilting my head upwards more and more, I see I'm next to someone.  Looking further to see Remy's sleeping face right next to me.

I just enjoy admiring his relaxed features as he slumbers. No creases upon his face, all just calm and carefree.

After seeing the time of the wall clock, I realise we better get up for work.

Poking my finger into his cheek, his hand swats me away as he mumbles nothingness. Poking again, struggling to hold back giggles while doing so.

"Would you bugger off?" His husky voice catches me off guard.

"Oh! You scared me." I scold, my throat still a little tender.

"Sorry." He smiles warmly up at me.

Seeing those gorgeous green eyes shine back at me, I get lost in them so quickly it's scares me. Alot. I don't know when I started to find Remy attractive or even get a little crush on him, but the more I'm aware of it, the more I feel it.

I can't though!

Can I?

But then why do I crave being closer, and lessen the distance between us so badly?

His hand gently brushing against my cheek as he stares as me, the intensity frightening all my instincts that tell me to watch out for myself.

I want to ignore all of my self preservation intuitions, just let go and fall. Letting Remy catch me when I get to the bottom.

But if he doesn't, I just go splat on the pavement left to pick up the pieces again.

Am I really thinking of spending my life alone?

All so I don't chance getting hurt if shit doesn't work out.

Remy starts to move closer, treading carefully incase I don't want the same thing.

But I do, I really do.

He's nice, funny, easy to be comfortable around, and bloody gorgeous.

Leaning in towards his smooth pink lips, I can feel my heart rise the closer we get.

The moment our lips lightly brush against one another, a squeal pulls us apart.

Jumping back in fright, I land with a hard thud onto the floor. Groaning from the pain, I don't take in the three faces hovering over me until I reopen my eyes.

"Were you two there the whole time?" I groan as I slowly sit up.

"Yep." Pat beams before helping me stand.

"You suck." I mumble as I walk to my room to go shower.

I hear Remy mutter "I hate you guys" dramatically before I close the bedroom door.

After I'm done, I walk out to get clothes only to see Pat on his bed waiting for me.

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumble as I search for clothes for work.

"Look, I'm sorry for interrupting you two before. It's just so clear you both like each other, and I'm 17." He quickly splutters out.

"Pat, chill out sweety. I'm not mad. Okay, I am but not with you. I'm mad that I let myself nearly kiss him, that I was even thinking about it." I sigh as I go to dress in the bathroom.

"Don't shut him out. He's a nice guy. Always putting people first, even if it affects him a lot. You both deserve to each other, Aria."

"I can't think about this right now. Please just drop it." I mutter as I walk out, grabbing a new packet of Soothers.

All through breakfast, I refuse to meet Remy's eyes. My mind is running rampant on everything that's happened in the last two weeks.

"Aria."

Will I start putting Remy first before my own desire to have independence and freedom.

"Aria, will you at least talk to me? Please." Remy's voice breaks through the fog, barely registering that we were nearly at work.

"Look, I'm sorry about before. It won't happen again, I just got sucked into the feeling. Can we just... leave it at that, please?" I plead, my mind going haywire.

"I like you, I don't know when that happened but I know I do. I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend, have kids and marry me. I just want to be able to get to know you, get closer to you. That's all I ask, just please let me in." He says, his face showing no hint of a lie.

"Just... let me think about it, is that okay?"

"Of course. I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable before too." He smiles kindly at me.

We go into work, and I spend the rest of my day sucking of lozenges while thinking about everything.

Do I really want to try this?

What would he expect of me if we started dating?

I still have TAFE to do, which is a long course. Is he willing to sacrifice time together while I do that?

Would us working and living together cause problems for us?

This is all so much.

What should I do?