June 24th

Tonight I'm taking a break from my TAFE work to spend time with Remy. I've been doing it since breakfast, so I think I've earned a few hours off from the screen. Pat has been with me while I do it too, both of us enjoying each others company while we do  our school work.

Remy asked me this morning if I'd go out with him tonight, wanting to go on another date apparently. He told me to make sure I dress warmly because we might be outside at some point, which was very dubious.

Pat is currently rambling on and on about how happy he was after such a fun day yesterday. I feel lifted just watching and listening to him, I've never seen him so happy before. I think he's starting to enjoy life again, for the first time since his horrible past came to an end.

"And I can't believe you knew Annie already! I thought he was going to cry when she spotted you, she had told me about you when we caught up too! The kind girl who always walked Axel, but never tried to take more then needed." He continues, while I try to find something nice for tonight.

Finally finding some clothes I like, I go enjoy a long warm shower. When  I've done all I need to, I get out and dry myself. Brushing my hair out, and applying some light make up, I walk back out into the bedroom to change into the thick black leggings, a long sleeved mid-thigh white dress, and some knee high boots.

"So, what do you think?" I ask, getting his attention back to me.

He sits there smiling widely at me, his face really just lights up when he's genuinely happy.

"You look amazing! Though I think watching you change for weeks now, is kind of showing that I definitely bat for the other team." Pat chuckles to himself. 

He's been, umm, doing research this weekend. I thoughtlessly gave him the idea to try watching porn, that way he could see some aspects of physical attraction between genders. Of course it wasn't going to be a guarantee, he may not find anyone attractive anymore. 

Anyway, turns out men seem to be grabbing his attention the most. 

As weird as it was to know I had to steer clear of our bedroom for a while, I was happy that it gave him so certainty about himself.

"Well, that could be taken as either a compliment or a insult." I chuckle.

"No! Definitely not an insult. Though you never did tell me about how you got your scars..." He trails off, knowing I'd tell him soon. He's curious but I've told him I'd sit him down when we're both free to talk, but that he has to be willing to talk too. 

"I know, it's okay!" I giggle. "Maybe tomorrow after work we can talk? Would you be okay with that?" I ask cautiously. 

"Yeah, I think I'm ready too." He says, sounding more confident than ever.

A knocking on our bedroom door pulls our attention away from the conversation. Walking over to open it, I see Remy looking as handsome as ever. In dark grey jeans, a navy blue button down shirt, and a leather jacket make him look model like. Pat clearing his throat behind me is what causes us to turn our gazes, looking to see Pat giggling lightly.

"You look gorgeous." Remy breathes out, smiling kindly at me.

"You clean up pretty nicely yourself." I giggle at his unimpressed face.

As he offers his arm to me, I take it before walking out with him towards where ever he plans on taking us tonight. After some light talking, we arrive at the Chinese restaurant we normally get our dinner from. Looking at Remy confused, he leads me inside the main entrance to be greeted by the hostess. 

"Welcome, have you got a reservation?" The lady asks as we approach her. 

"Yes, under Remy for 2 people." He informs her, smiling at me. 

"Ah yes, follow me." She instructs, walking us to a table away from everyone out of the heated deck.

After we're seated and given menus to look over, the lady leaves us for a few minutes to decide. Though I already know what I'm getting from here. Actually sitting in the restaurant part is surprisingly nicer than I expected, the relaxing scenery and dim lightly only adds to the romantic feeling.

"Do you even need the menu?" Remy chuckles at me. 

"Nope. I love what I get from here. What about you?" 

"Nah, I like mine too."

A waiter comes by asking if we're ready to order drinks and food yet. Remy orders his usual Honey chicken with fried rice, and I get the Beef in black bean sauce with steamed ride. Getting two glasses of coke with our food, the waiter leaves us to continue our conversation. 

After a great dinner and lots of laughs shared between us, Remy pays for our meal and guides me back outside. 

Walking hand in hand, I can't help but enjoy the comfortable silence as we stroll down the streets to where ever Remy is taking us. We are approaching a very familiar park that I haven't been to for a while, surprising me with that fact that Remy lead me here not knowing it used to be home. 

"What are we doing here?" I ask, not really wanting to view my old home.

We're following the path towards to the pond, luckily away from my bridge. This park is humongous so I guess I shouldn't be too worried.

"I used to live here actually. In the last 6 months that I was on the streets, I lived in this park before the shelter took me in." He smiles, looking like he's in thought.

"Really?" I ask, shocked would be an understatement. 

"Really really. I used to come to this pond every sunrise and sunset if I could. It really made the depressing situation feel a little nicer. The sunset should be soon, so I wanted to show you." He smiles, walking me to a small bridge that goes over the mater.

"I can't believe I never came here sooner." I mumble, but sadly he hears.

"Why would you have?" He asks, confusion on his features.

"Well, I used to live in this park. It's probably the place I stayed at the longest." I decide to tell him honestly. Living at the shelter has shown me that people won't make judgements about you, so the fear of talking lessens. 

"Wow, what a small world." He smiles down at me. "Oh, the sun's setting. Stand just here and look over there." He points, dragging me so I'm in front of him.

A few minutes later, the sky is lit with a beautiful array of oranges, yellows and slight purples. It is so magical to see over the pond, with it reflecting the colours with a sparkling shine.

"I wanted to try to do all of this right, you deserve so much more than you think." He says, turning me to face him.

"What do you mean?"

"I really like you, and I know that sounds like a high school admitting his crush, but I do. I have never been so drawn to someone like I am to you. You make me feel so happy, and so comfortable in my own skin. You're like my best friend that I'm attracted to, more than I care to admit. So, what I'm trying to ask is... Aria, will you be my girlfriend?"

Looking into his eyes, all I see is honesty. This isn't some joke or prank, he really feels the same way I do for him. Those pools of green that ease my worries, that smile that lights up my day, the words he's just uttered repeat over and over in my head.

I know my answer just looking at him.

"Yes, I'd love to be!" I squeal, leaping into his arms to kiss him with as much feeling as I can.

Oh my gosh!

I have a boyfriend!!

*********************

Instagram _lilnickyc_
Facebook lilnickyc