June 15th

After another day at work, I decide it's time to talk to Remy. The poor guy has been trying to give me space to think, but I know he isn't happy about it.

Pat will be studying tonight and Eddy has work, so this is the best time to do this undisturbed.

Walking into my room, I spot Pat setting up on his bed for the night. Looking up with that beaming smile upon his face, some of my nerves manage to flow out of my system.

"Hey! How was work today?" He asks, walking over to flop down next to me on my bed.

"Not too bad, one of the cat's we had in gave birth to kittens. They were so tiny and cute!" I gushed, remembering the little meows.

"Aww, I'm jealous. Could I visit your work sometime and see the animals?" He pouts, he's a total animal lover.

"I'm sure Chris won't mind. Text me first and I'll check."

"How are things with you and Rem?" He asks after a moment of silence.

I've spoken to Pat about what my brains been debating almost constantly, he's been a great listener and voice of reason.

"I'm going to talk to him tonight actually. I was going to ask if you mind giving us privacy for the night, so we can talk without interruption? If it isn't too much to ask, I mean." I fumble my words, feeling like a bitch asking Pat to stay locked in our room.

"Nah, all good. I was going to be in here anyway. I'll just grab some dinner now before I start." He smiles over at me.

"You're the best Pat. Maybe to make it up to you, we can do something tomorrow. Just the two of us?" I ask, hoping to surprise him with the movies.

"Yes! I need a break from the books!" He laughs, poor guy has been hitting them as hard as I do.

I can't hell but smile over at him, opening my arms to the small teen. He hugs himself to me without hesitation, though I won't hug him unexpectedly just incase.

"I'm proud of how hard you're working Pat." I whisper, brushing his hair.

He squeezes me slightly tighter before we pull apart. He's trying to learn to take compliments, but he still struggles with getting praise.

I hear Remy walking into the loungeroom, he had to stay back a bit to help out with the kittens.

"Come on, let's go get some dinner. I hear it's lasagne tonight."

Dragging Pat out of our room by his hand, we see Remy sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

"Hey. You alright? Are the babies okay?" I ask quickly, suddenly fearing the worst.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just tired. Don't worry, owner took mum and babies home safely." He smiles at me, before it drops slightly at Pat and Is joined hands.

Looking at his face, I can see how exhausted he is. I hope that's not because of me, I'd never want someone to be suffering because of this.

"Well come get dinner with us." I tell, grabbing his warn hand in mine.

I drag both of them down to the dining area, all of us grabbing a plate with thanks to the chefs. We settle in for talking about our days, Pat listening as he inhales his food.

Going back after we're all finished, Pat bids us goodnight before disappearing into our door with a smile on his face.

Remy going to leave me alone again, and it makes me realise how much I don't want him to.

"Remy, could we talk?" I ask, my voice  smaller than intended but I'm nervous.

"Of course." He smiles those pearly teeth at me.