June 23rd

Today is one of the days that Pat gets a visit from his guardian. Apparently I have to meet them too since I'm a new resident here but also because Pat is making me regardless.

Dressing in black skinny jeans, a ghost busters t-shirt, and ballet flats. I do some light make up and leave my hair down, hoping the person doesn't make any bad judgements of me.

Pat bounces into the room moments later, long since finished getting ready to meet them down stairs. 

"Come on, Aria! They'll be here soon, you're going to love him! He's so nice, and caring, and smart." Pat rambles, the energy flowing through him at the highest I've ever seen from the teen.

"Alright, alright. I'm ready. Calm down though." I smile him.

"He sometimes comes with his mum and grandmother too,  they always bring something yummy with them."Pat continues on as I walk with him out of our place.

I keep listening to him waffle on and on about the people who have given him his best chance at life again. The happiness on his face just shows how much this person lightens up his life. 

As we enter the lobby, I walk over to the ladies at reception while we wait for this guy to arrive. 

"Where is that angel of mine?" A familiar voice cuts through the conversation I was having.

"Annie!" Pat beams before running off to hug the new arrival.

"How have you been? How's school going? Any gossip to fill me in on?" 

Where the hell do I know that voice?

"I've actually been really good! School is almost over thankfully, and I got a new roommate, she's great!" He beams at her, the temptation to look over at their moment getting stronger.

"Really, that's great! I'd love to meet her." 

"You can! Come, come." Pat says as he gets closer.

"Annie, this is my roommate." He says, turning me to face Annie.

"Welcome to- wait, Aria?" Annie's voices matching the shock I'm feeling.

"Mrs Smith?" To say I was stun would be an understatement. 

"Oh, you are looking amazing dear! I wondered where you had got to, I had feared the worst for you with these cold nights. I even told my grandson that I wanted to check on you but you weren't living where you normally did anymore." She rambled, pulling me into a rib breaking hug.

"Umm I've been here for a few weeks, but thank you for checking on me. What are you doing here though?" I ask confused.

"Oh I'm here to check on our little Pat here, my grandson should be here in a moment." 

"This is the one I was saying brings pastries each visit." Pat reminds me. "Wait, how do you two know each other?"

"Mrs Smith used to pay me to walk to walk Axel." 

"None of this Mrs Smith crap." She scolds before pulling me back into another hug. "I'm so happy you're doing okay."

"GG, we've talked about you hugging all the residents." A mans smooth voice flows over to us.

Looking over to see a young nicely dressed man walking towards us, I can see similarities between him and Mrs S- Annie.

"Shush Marcus, I'm allowed to hug someone I have been worried sick about for weeks!" She scolds. 

He looks over at me, seeming to assess me for a minute before looking back at his grandmother. 

"This is who you've had me looking for?" He sighs. Seeming relieved that search is over.

"She's my roommate too!" Pat joins in, smiling up at the guy like a proud child showing off a drawing. 

"Pat, my man. How are you?" The man smiles, his face lighting up.

We all walk up to our place after all the confusion is cleared up. Pat and Marcus catching up on everything that's been going on in their lives since they last saw each other. 

Annie has been asking me any question she can think of. Bouncing from how I'm liking it here, to work, to new friends. It's so nice to be able just sit here and catch up with this woman, who always was there for me to work for. 

Remy came back from his brothers around lunch time and join in on our catch up. We both sat together watching Pat being fussed over by Marcus and Annie, the teenager loving the love he's being smothered in.

It's a bit weird to see him so open with others but it warmed my heart to know that he has people in his life that genuinely make him happy. I want to do anything I can to make sure he has a happy life, but I know I can't do that alone. These people around me clearly love and care about the broken teen in front of me, and Eddy too, of course.

The rest of the day continues with all of us catching up, Marcus and I talk for a while about my time here and how Pat is really doing. Annie smothering Remy and Pat was by far the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. And Eddy walking in only to be dragged down to Annie's level for a hug came in close second.

After bidding goodbye to Annie and Marcus, we all turn in for the night.

For the first time since I arrived here, Pat slept through the night without a single nightmare.

----------------

Really not totally happy with this chapter, but I will likely edit this book when it's finished.

Instagram _lilnickyc_
Facebook lilnickyc