Chapter 1

"Christina Malone, you're late... again." Mr. Ming my history teacher said to me as he caught me trying to sneak into the class unnoticed.

"I'm sorry sir. I could've been here ages ago but while on my way here, I got stuck in traffic behind some sick dude who refused to drive even a km faster."

"Oh really?" Mr.Ming said unconvinced.

"Yes sir. It was so crowded and I couldn't even move my car an inch for about half hour. I literally took a nap while in that jam."

"Miss Malone sit down." Mr. Ming said to me. "I know you're lying, I saw you in the parking lot quite early when I got here this morning. I'd say those guys you hang out with, are bad influence on you. Don't you have any girl friends who could reflect some positive influence on you. Like your sister?"

"Nope. And sir, do you know that you're being awfully disrespectful and sexist right now? Even though you're discriminating and undermining your own gender, I could still report you for being judgemental and rude to your student you know?"

"And miss Malone, I could always give you detention for a whole week you know?" Mr. Ming said to me. "First offence would be for loitering this morning when I saw you at school in the parking lot and then showing up late for my class, which would also be the second offence. Third one would be talking back to and being smart with your teacher..."

"Sir, aren't we suppose to be smart? Isn't that the whole point of going to high school? So that we can be smart?" I challenged.

"I'll give you detention for the whole month. And I'll add being disrespectful and talking back to the teacher, as well as being disruptive in the class to the list of offences. How about that?"

"No, thank you Mr. Ming. No detention at all sounds better to me. Continue with your class lesson. I'm so sorry for being disruptive." I gave him an innocent look.

"I really wish that you'd follow your sister's path Chris." Mr. Ming shook his head before going back to his lesson.

***

"Hey Chris, think fast!" I heard Kyle said as he threw a grape at my face the second I was near the table.

"Goal!" Jay and Tylo shouted -as if they were watching some damn football game -when I caught the grape between my teeth.

"Kyle!" I yelled at him after I spit it out back in his direction. "You're a piece of shit. You could have hit me in the eye with that, or worst choked me if that flew down my throat."

"But it didn't, so don't be such a girl." Kyle said to me which earned him a punch in the shoulder.

"Ow!! Shit!" Kyle groaned him pain which caused Jay and Tylo to laugh.

"Am I being such a girl now?" I asked him.

"No, you certainly don't punch like one." Kyle groaned.

"Good. By the way, I can't believe I caught that grape in my mouth. I don't even know where your hand or that grape has been."

"You don't need to worry about that. And with the things that comes out of your mouth sometimes, I'm pretty sure that both my hands and grapes are
cleaner." Kyle responded.

"Dude, I'll punch you again." I threatened.

"Hey don't." Kyle flinched before I even raised my fist.

"So, did you get detention for being late to Ming's class?" Jay asked me.

"No, fortunately. But I almost got detention because of you guys."

"So? It wouldn't be the end of the world. If I were to get a dollar for every time I got detention, I'd be a rich man by now." Tylo said to me.

"I told you that you should have just skipped all together." Jay said to me.