Chapter 3

I was lying down on my bed with my my eyes closed and headphones on maximum volume blasting Drake, when something soft hit me in the head.

"Hey, what the..." I opened my eyes ready to protest, only to find my sister mouthing something to me, and a pair of rolled up socks on the bed besides me. "What?" I took off my headphones.

"How loud were you playing that thing? I could practically hear the music from those headphones all the way up the stairs and I've been calling you for minutes now. Maya said to me.

"Oh, I was trying to block out the outside world with my music." I told her. "Did you need something?"

"Yeah, I was asking if you've got the car keys? I wanna run to the mall before it gets too late."

"Oh, catch." I took the keys from my pocket and tossed them to her.

"Thanks." Maya said as she caught them. "What are you doing here anyway? I thought you'd at the garage this evening."

"I didn't feel like it. Jay bailed on us yesterday then today he ditched us again at lunch so I decided to bail on work too." I told her. "That way, he'll have a little extra task at hand."

Jay's older brother and father owned a Carwash/garage, where Jay and I worked or helped out after school.

"What is you mean he bailed?"

"Exactly that. He practically ditched us two days straight for some girl." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at the thought.

"What? Jay is dating now once again? Who is the lucky girl?" Maya asked.

"Angie."

"You mean Angela Graham? I didn't know she's Jay type? I mean, I didn't think he's into narcissistic, snobby bitches." Maya said which caused me to let out a laugh.

This was one of the moments when I was somewhat positive that Maya and I were really sister's. Moments when we both hated the same person or roasted and bashed the same people.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with Jay. He's obviously going blind, stupid or something. I don't get what he sees in her that's got him running behind her scrawny ass. I mean, they've only been talking like what...two days now."

"Jealousy is not a nice color on you Chris." Maya chuckled.

"I think it's 'green is not a good color on you'. And for your information miss know it all, I'm not jealous." I said to her. "I just don't think Angie is the right girl for him you know? And he's my bestfriend so..."

"Yeah, right." Maya said sarcastically. "I'm sure that's it."

"What's that suppose to mean? I looked at her curiously and confused.

"It means, I know you Chris. You're jealous of Jay and Angie's relationship, you don't have to deny it." Maya said to me.

"Why the hell would I be jealous? Jay is my bestfriend, I'd be happy for him if he was going out with a girl that's right for him. Instead, he's wasting his time with that Angie.

"And who would that right girl be sis? You?" Maya raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?" I let out an incredulous laugh.

"Admit it already Chris, you like Jay."

"Well of course I like him. He is my bestfriend remember? Why the hell would I have bestfriend that I don't like? And what kind of friend would I be if I didn't like him? I'd be like those hypocrites."

"You know that's not what I mean. I mean you're in love with Jay Chris. You've been in love with him for a few years now and as much as you try to deny and hide it, I'm your sister, I know better than that." Maya said to me.