-7-

" Be gentle when needed, be rough when wanted, be there always."
                                                    -unknown

FINNICK GREEN

I loved and enjoyed science, I enjoyed the laws it held and the smell and aroma of just being outside. Being concealed, the only thing natural I was exposed to was the grass outside of my house so when Mr. Tilling said we were going out on a trip to explore the wilderness I was a bundle of nerves but bubbling with excitement to be exposed to what was out there and the things I had yet to see for my own eyes, well, through my glasses I mean.

Here I was with about nineteen other students including Kai and Killian. Here I also was, a blushing mess and awkwardly shuffling in my spot due to the fact that instead of Kai beside me on this hot bus, I was sat with Killian. I didn't know how this happened, especially with Kai promising to sit next to me and with me not being aware that Killian was even in the same Environmental Science class as me. I had hardly seen him but I suppose Kai was right when he said he mostly skipped classes.

I frowned to myself, my nose scrunching up as I thought about how many fundamental and knowledgeable classes Killian was missing out on when he skipped class. Sure somethings were unnecessary but science was always useful and you learned so much. Of course everyone was different but I couldn't help but think it was always worth it to fill your brain with knowledge and facts whether it was useless or not. Our very founding fathers—

"Stop that," I jumped in my spot when I heard the words growled out of Killian's lips.

My cheeks were hot before I knew it and I began twiddling with my fingers as I willed myself to look up and peek at him through my lenses. He was looking at me but I couldn't really understand the look he was giving. It wasn't anger but it something almost indescribable. I sucked my bottom lip in my mouth and chewed on the flesh In nervousness. My eyes blinked rapidly as I saw the color of his nice blue eyes shift into dark black ones that had me quacking in my seat.

I squeaked and blushed deeply with my hands gripping the seat I sat in when he leaned into me, closer than was meant for comfort. I felt the warmth of his breath on my ear and I blushed crazy red. I felt a whimper bubbling within me and desperate to come out and I madly felt embarrassed by the sound that wanted to come out of me. My face was hot just from the proximity he was to me and I felt weird in my spot, unable to get rid of the fuzz and mess my brain was in.

"Suck and chew on your bottom lip like that again and I won't stop myself from doing the same and bruising up those pink lips of yours," he growled in my ear, his voice taking on a low baritone tone and allowing shivers to rack through me and my spine to tingle as my face resembled a tomato.

My body grew uncomfortably hot and a weird feeling grew in the midst of my stomach and I began to feel breathless, lightheaded and overwhelmed. My eyes darted everywhere but him, my heart accelerating and leaving me feeling dazed. My junior me was twitching and that's when I began to freak out and attempted to scoot away. I didn't make it far because his hand shot out and gripped my thigh tightly and I squeaked in surprise, my face heating up further and my junior going out of control. I felt like I was being intoxicated by his scent and it was driving me insane.

"K-Killian," I tried to say it but it came out as a whine and I could hear his sharp intake of breath and his hand tightened on my thigh. I was struggling to understand what I was feeling all while trying to control the blush that was permanently on my face.

"Alright kids, off the bus!" Bellowed Mr. Tilling as the bus came to a stop and I dashed up from the seat.

My face was still warm and my junior was embarrassingly stiff in my pants and I felt ashamed, hanging my head as I stood. I felt someone hook there arm around my shoulder and I flinched before looking up and seeing a smiling Kai.

"Leggo, Bolt," he said loudly, walking us off the bus and outside where there was nothing but forest green around us.

The air blew against my face, the smell of the trees and grass filling up my nose. I smiled lightly to myself but was interrupted when I felt someone smush my cheeks between their hands and I glared at Kai who had done the annoying act.

"Why is your face all red," he pondered and I got red all over again as I began to think of the previous events.

"N-nothing," I stuttered out unable to help myself but Kai was curious and he didn't believe me for a second.

He opened his mouth to assault me with another question but he was, thankfully, cut off by Mr. Tillings loud voice that boomed through the unnecessary microphone that he had brought.

"Kids partner up in two and explore all the great things that nature brings to us! Then meet back at this spot where we will enjoy lunch," he announced, a chorus of groans and annoyed curses slipping past my fellow peers lips.

Kai's eyes filled with mischievous excitement as he looked at me and I began to get nervous at the look he was giving, knowing it could lead to nothing good.

Before a word could slip past his lips, I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind me. Just the smell that invade my nostrils and the shivers that racked through me was enough for me to know who it was and I awkwardly and nervously turned around and my eyes looked up at Killian and I didn't know what to make of the look that was on his face. Everything stopped as he said:

"Be my partner."

I think I died.

If this wasn't everything I don't know what is. I'm excited to go from here.

(Sorry it was short!)

~xoxo, Babybird.