Epilogue

"All good things must come to an end."
-unknown

FINNICK GREEN

"I knew I should have staid in bed," Kai mumbled.

"It won't be that bad," my tone was optimistic but inside I was reeling at the sight before me.

Rows and rows of people were all lined up to purchase a ticket to see a movie, the longest line happened to be the one we were in as we waited to see the latest Marvel movie, Deadpool 2. I heard it was pretty graphic from Vera and May who saw it and were talking about it all day yesterday which convinced Declan to see it who forced Kai to see it and Kai wanted to see it with me but I knew I wouldn't be able to see it without freaking out so Killian came with. It basically inadvertently became a double date, though Kai refused to call it that.

I can sense how much regret we were all feeling at coming at this time because we were literally last in line and there were so many people. Crazy thing was that even if we managed to get tickets, which was unlikely, it would be crowded and I detested being in rooms filled with people. Just being out here with all these people had my heart beating faster than it normally should.

Unconsciously, I scoot closer to Killian and tried to relax feeling his heartbeat on my back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, his chin laying on the top of my head. I blushed, a pout on my face as this was just another reminder how much shorter I was compared to him.

"How about I go somewhere, shift into my wolf and come running out and scare everyone away," Declan suggest, eyes holding bubbling mischief.

"That sounds like a good ass idea," Kai began with sarcasm oozing past his lips,"and when animal control shows up ready to shoot you down, tell them I said, 'hi,'"

"You're annoying," Declan's face became straight instantly.

"But you love me," Kai wore a triumphant smirk.

Declan clutched Kai's arm and tugged Kai close to him which surprised him telling from the look on his face. With Kai's arm held up, Declan's lips were at his ear and I heard him whisper something but I wasn't sure what it was but I could tell it embarrassed Kai as his cheeks began to heat up considerably.

"I really wish I didn't have super hearing sometimes," I heard Killian grumble, annoyance in his tone.

"What? What did he say?" I grab Killian's arm that holds my waist and turn into his embrace to look up at him.

"Nothing," he lied and placed a kiss on my forehead.

I wanted to know what it was but I had a feeling it was probably something dirty telling from how Declan tends to be so I didn't make much of any more protest to know. I turn back around to see Kai shoving cotton candy into Declan's mouth forcefully and him slightly gagging as his mouth was partially already filled with the candy.

"Here's something sweet for that dirty mouth," Kai said sweetly, though his forceful actions didn't accompany his tone.

Declan tried to speak but it wasn't working and he glared as he began munching down on the overflowing amount of candy in his mouth.

"How about we go to the amusement park," Killian suggests.

As Kai said, "yes!" With excitement, I said, "no!" With an overwhelming amount of dread consuming me. Rollercoasters and me did not mix and it was only partially because of the amount of anxiety I faced. They honestly scared me to death and I hated it even more when they did that sudden drop and it felt like my heart was dropping with it. I couldn't stand it and even thinking about everything that could go wrong while on that death contraption was filling my mind before I could help it.