-13-

" Best part of liking someone, is when they like you back. "
-unknown

FINNICK GREEN

"Do you like him?" Kai asked as soon as the door shut closed.

I blushed and chewed on my lip looking down at my folded hands that sat upon my lap as I still lay on the hospital bed. My heart stutters as Declan and Kai just previously walked in on Killian and I all cuddled on the bed. My natural instinct was quickly withdrawing from him but Killian only held me tighter and went as much as to place the gentlest peppered kiss on my temple. Though it left an overflowing amount of sparks, I was left shying away knowing Kai and Declan were right in the room.

Now Kai sat beside me in the chair that Killian was in previously and his expression showed how serious he was. I was truly nervous to respond but I didn't want to lie to him but at the same time I was still unsure on how I really felt. This was really new to me and I had never experienced anything like this before.

"Bolt," he said once more snapping me out of my thoughts and I squirmed knowing he wanted answers.

"I-I don't know. I mean I get this weird feeling in my t-tummy and I get happy inside and I l-like being around him and I like his k-kisses," my face was scarlet by the end of my rambling and I was even more unsure of myself.

I twiddled with my fingers, my bottom lip being chewed on harshly as habit. Kai didn't say anything and I was left even more nervous than I was in the beginning. I wasn't completely sure if what I was feeling meant I liked Killian but from my studies of human interaction and all the Seventeen magazines I binge read, I was pretty certain I possibly did and it made me feel nervous knowing that I could potentially like Killian when I wasn't even sure if I was gay. Then again, Killian said he wasn't gay but he wanted me so what did that mean?

"You like him," he said after a while and I didn't deny his claim.

I look up at him after a while hesitantly and he leans close to me, near my face and I became uncomfortable with the proximity and shuffled in my spot. A gentle smile came onto his face as he reached an arm up and began to ruffle my hair, causing me to squeak and shoo his hand away.

"I knew you were gay," he laughed to himself and I blushed.

"I didn't s-say that!" I tried to deny it but Kai was back to being playful and he leaned back into the seat laughing.

"But if Killian kissed you and did a shit load of couple stuff with you, you'd love it now wouldn't you?" Kai arched a brow already knowing the answer.

"Shut up," I mumbled with a blush, looking away in embarrassment.

Just knowing that what he said had me feeling happy was enough for me to know how I feel. I looked back up at Kai as his happy mood dropped and he looked as if he were in thought.

"Bolt, you realize that this isn't a hospital but a house—scratch that, mansion that literally has a hospital facility within it," he looked at me and my expression showed shock.

"I don't understand," I sit up in the bed and groan softly at the strain in my abdomen.

He notices my pain and grabs a medicine bottle and taps out two of the same pills Killian had gave me and hands them to me giving me the bottle of water on the table stand beside me as-well.

"Bolt, I have a theory about Killian and Declan that you may or may not believe me when I say it," Kai eyed me warily gauging my reaction.

I swallowed the last pill as he said this and took a large gulp of water to sooth the anxiety that was building up from the way he was speaking.

"I want to hear it," I tried to sound sound firm but I was nervous.

He knew this and lagged to say anything before he opened his mouth once more.

"Are you sure?" He asks me, his eyes hesitant.

"I should know shouldn't I? I mean...I-I like Killian so I should know," I blushed lightly insistent on hearing what Kai had to say.

Kai understood and nodded before opening his mouth to tell me.

"I know this may sound crazy but I think Killian and Declan are apart of a cult or at-least apart of some gang. If you saw how insanely huge this house was and how bloodied up Killian left those guys who hurt you, it all would make sense. I-I also did some snooping around and you will not believe what I found, Bolt. They had a room filled with weapons not only weapons but bottled poison things that I don't even know what the hell they are but they didn't look legal," Kai ranted not pausing in the least.

"Geez Bolt, and I ran into dozens of people and they all gaze at me this look that was weird and this one girl just growled at me as if she was dog...just like how Declan and Killian do," he sounded confused shaking his head and sighing but looking back up at me,"I think Declan and Killian are dangerous."

I was blank and unsure of what to really think or do or say. I just wasn't reacting as I stared at Kai who awaited my reaction. I sat there blankly for a good minute or four before I blinked slowly and thats when it came to me in waves altogether. My heart rate sped up and my breathing became heavy and I felt my lungs constricting making it hard for me to breath. I tried to remember my breathing exercises but my brain was scattered with thoughts that weren't merging into one coherent one.

I began breathing aloud, trying to allow air to travel down so I wouldn't feel so choked but it was hard. I shut my eyes tightly willing myself to not have a panic attack especially not with Kai in the room to witness the act.

I just couldn't believe all of what Kai had told me but at the same time I knew he wouldn't lie to me about something like this. There was no way he'd make something like this up. What would he have gained? Or maybe he has misunderstood what he had saw and was led to the wrong conclusion. Weapons? Had Kai really seen a room full of weapons and poisons? I racked my brain trying to fine a rational idea for why they could possibly have those things here.

Why did they have there very own hospital center? I recalled all the times Killian growled and I remember passing off one of his animalistic growls as a ringtone but now I realize I could only uphold that lie for a while now.

"M-maybe your m-misunderstanding," I stuttered after I had calmed myself.

"I wish," Kai said at first, "but everything I've seen leads to me thinking their in a cult or a gang."

I didn't want to believe it, it was truly hard to. Killian was intimidating, cold and ruthless and he was extremely strong and it seemed like he used violence as his answer the majority of the time. But was he really associated with something as dangerous and illegal as a gang?

"M-maybe we should a-ask—"

"Bolt are you insane?!" He shrieked and I closed my mouth instantly, my teeth nibbling on my bottom lip,"do you know what people in gangs do to people who aren't supposed to know about them?"

I shook my head meekly awaiting a reply with nervousness bubbling within me.

"They get rid of them and by get rid of them I mean—" he paused his words to slice his finger across his neck gesturing a killing motion.

I shook my head defiantly because for some reason I couldn't believe Killian would kill me nor would he hurt me. Then I backtracked thinking maybe I was too trusting but there was still a nagging feeling that he wasn't quite right but logically with all the evidence he's pulled, it made sense.

"K-Killian wouldn't kill me," I said.

"You don't know that," Kai argued back.

I was still heavily unsure and I was shuffling in my seat because of it.

"Bolt," I look at him,"they're dangerous and it's best to stay away."

How true was that really?

If Finnick thinks their in a gang what is to come?
You guys definitely deserve this double update omg, I cannot express how happy I am with the comments I get, it puts a smile on my face. Thank you guys.

~xoxo, Babybird.