-35-

" Time is the best medicine. "

FINNICK GREEN

Two month later.

I was heavily nervous. My palms were sweaty, my heart was racing and my mind was jumbled with multiple thoughts that I couldn't stop myself from thinking. I didn't want to do this at all, I wanted to curl up in my bed and never get up. Better yet, I wanted to run away and never return but at the same time I wanted to face my fears.

I was beginning to do that, face my fears. I remember maybe two weeks ago I finally came home after being gone for so long. My parents were a mix of angry and emotionally wrecked. My mom was a crying mess, sobbing and hitting me, asking me why I wasn't responding to their calls or coming home. Not to mention the fact that my dad ruined my favorite shirt when he pulled against my collar and exposed my tattoo-like mark that Killian gave me.

There reaction was 'priceless' as Kai said as he was there as well. My mom was balling on the floor, saying how she let me out of my cocoon and was now rebelling and turning into a gangster. My dad didn't have a solid reaction but once he read Killians name under the crescent moon, his hands balled up into a fist and he snatched up Kai's phone. He called Killian and he was at my house no sooner than five minutes.

Needless to say, it was the first time I ever saw my dad explode like that and my mom physically tried to hold him back. After the dramatic event, a day later my parents sat Killian down and gave him a lengthy speech that lasted maybe four hours until they made Killian sign a waiver that he would never leave me and if he did they got the privilege to cut of his....penis.

Kai was cackling this whole time and when he retold the tale to Vera, Chris, Marcus, Declan and May, they all busted into laughter, I recall the memory of us all together fondly. Killian was heavily embarrassed but it was a cute sight seeing his cheeks heat up for the first time ever, his lips pursed and eyes showing annoyance.

Currently, today, I was freaking out because Killian wanted to officially announce me as his Luna. Even though it's been two months and some change and most of the pack members already know, it was proper to have a meeting and properly acknowledge me as someone apart of their society or pack.

I was scared honestly. I was the only human except Kai or May, but the position as a Luna held so much weight to it and it was hard to come into such a status. I felt like I would be a complete failure at leading such a big and powerful pack, not to forget that they were all supernatural beings and I was still adjusting to it till this day.

"Finnick, babe, breath," Vera held my hand and squeezed, breathing calmly to show me to relax and I followed in her movements.

For the past week, Vera came to know on her own about my anxiety issues and she's been helping me. I felt close to her especially when she told me she used to deal with the same thing as well as depression along with it. My heart went out to her but I felt influenced when she told me she overcame it and went through healing slowly. Though, finding her mate helped, she didn't want to lean on him for positive emotional support because she wanted to fight her battle internally.

Her words resonated with me, especially when she said I was strong inside. I didn't believe her at first but I wanted to slowly become better, as a person, as Killians mate and as their packs' Luna.

"Look how cute you are!" May shrieked as she entered the room, a smile on her face.

Ever since a few months ago her sister, Ailee, ran away. I was told she didn't even show up to the battle and maybe two weeks ago, she sent a message to May telling her she'd come back with bigger and better plans. I was scared but Killian didn't seem worried so I tried my best not to worry.