Chapter 16

After school~

"Okay that should be the last of it..." I say setting down the last box on my bed. "What's in there?" Craig asks walking over to me "just clothes" Craig mouths an 'ah.'

"Are you sure there's anything else?" Craig asks looking around my room one last time "video games and personal belongings, school, clothes" I tap each three of the boxes "no that's everything the furniture is my mom's" I note.

"Okay, I'll go take these out. Come out when you're ready." I help Craig stack two boxes for him to carry then turn away from him to look at my room. "Don't take too long" he reminds "don't worry."

Craig leaves my room and I'm left standing there alone. All the memories I had here will always linger but I know for sure I won't be making more of them. At least not here. I pick up the last box and head out of my room. I walk through the entire house knowing I'll probably miss not living here since I've lived here for awhile now but, I have to go.

Once I visit every room I head towards the door putting on my shoes and tossing my coat over my shoulder. I juggle the box against my hip with one arm, as I reach down into my jean pocket. I clasp my hand over the jagged item and pull it out placing it on the little table near the door. It was a singular silver key, more specifically the key to this house. I placed it onto a yellow lined piece of paper that I had written today. I look down at the note and scan it over one last time.

"Dear Mom,

As you're reading this you'll notice your house is a little emptier then before. Allow me to explain: Mom I'm sorry but I have to leave. I left my copy of the key right beside this note so you don't have to call the police for theft. I had taken everything I payed for and left everything you had payed for in place. There is no need to do anything about this situation if you try to call me back I'm sorry, I won't answer.

I had already informed the police of my leaving and the situation that has been unfolding for the last couple years. They wanted to arrest you upon meeting them, but I denied the arrest. Instead we came to an agreement, I will now be living at another individual's.

There will be no contact between us. Since you are a possible threat to my quality of my life. I had no choice to file a restraining order. If there is any threat the police will not hold back to arrest you. I'm sorry this had to be this way you were a wonderful mother back then, now it's difficult to determine if you truly care about me.

I already set up my own banking account for my phone, etc. There is absolutely no reason to worry about money. That's all I have to talk about I hope everything works out for you- these are my last good byes.

~Y/n.

I sigh with a bittersweet smile. As hard as it was this was for my best interest. Im just glad this could be done so fast. Im so thankful Mr Tucker has connections.

I turn away and open the door sighing as I let the smell of spices instantly be cut off by the shutting of the door behind me; I turn towards the truck and walk over to the passenger side. I open the metallic navy door and hop in.

Craig reaches for the box in my hands and reaches back putting it on the seat as I close the door. "Thanks" I say pulling the seat belt across my chest into the buckle "are you ready?" Craig asks placing his hands on the steering wheel.

I nod my head "ya I think so" I nod slightly, but still hesitant. "Remember, when you walk out on someone you don't make up the rules anymore" I nod once again at his words. "I'm ready" I say in a more confident tone. Craig smiles, satisfied by my tone "okay let's go."

~

"It's not an amazing room but it previously was the guest room but don't worry if you want we can pick out paint hun." "No no Mrs Tucker this shout be fine" I say in a panicked tone. I had to say I was really nervous when I showed up at Craig's house and his mom was waiting at the door.