Interlocked Pinkies

Sirius ran his fingers through his hair in a very James-like way. “We need to step it up.”

I raised my eyebrows, “Excuse me?”

He looked taken aback. “No, no, no! Nothing like that! Gosh, Addie, dirty minded much?”

“Look who’s talking.” I rolled my eyes. Three weeks had gone by and not a thing had changed. Remus was still dating Bailey, Lily still blabbered about James, and Drew was still trying to talk to me, despite Sirius and I’s relationship.

“Anyway,” I reasoned. “I thought you said this was working.”

“It is. But we need to speed this up. You and Moony will be 80 before you get married at this rate.” I rolled my eyes.

“What else do you want me to do? I’ve become the complete opposite of myself!”

“Well,” Sirius scrutinized me. “You are kinda pale…

“No!” I jumped up from my chair. “No spray tans, no tanning beds, no laying outside in a freaking bikini to burn my skin!”

He chuckled. “I was just kidding. I’m trying to think of the type of girl Moony likes.” He paced in a circle as I hesitantly sat back down. “He likes smart girls, so we’re kinda down in that field.”

“Hey!”

“But, we can’t just make you into a genius in our time span so…”

“Hey!”

“So, we’ll have to make you look smart..”

“Hey!”

He turned to look at me. “Whats offensive about that?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know, I just wanted to continue the with the ’hey’ thing.”

“Anyway, back to the situation at hand..” He lowered his raised eyebrows. “You said you wear contacts, right?”

I nodded.

“So you own an extra pair of glasses, right?”

I looked at him darkly.

He grinned and nodded. “Good. Now about your hair.” He lifted up a limp strand.

“No! We are not cutting my hair.” I jumped up and grabbed my hair in my hands, away from Sirius.

“What about your bangs?” He tried to reason.

“Whats wrong with my bangs?” I asked, grabbing at my bangs now.

“The look is overdone. Tons of girls have that haircut. You need something original. Moony likes girls that are original.” He stared at my hair.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?”

“What are you talking about? It looks...Well, it looks fantastic, really.”

My hair was curled in corkscrew curls, loops, swirls, and I had bangs that lay straight across my forehead. I looked so different, so weird. Sirius had slid my purple and blue glasses on my face (with really thick lenses because of my horrible eyesight).

“Fantastic? You gave me a perm? You cut my bangs? You make me wear glasses? And I look fantastic? ARE YOU INSANE?” I glared at my reflection in the mirror in the Room of Requirement where Sirius and I were.