Chapter 10

Jeremy POV

I spat blood on the boot in front of me. "You hit like a girl, Nathaniel. Just like before. Remember old times?" I smirked at the dragon Lord reminding him when we were training together in Miraya.

Creed's father, Nathaniel and I were close friends before all of these happened.

I wondered if Aryann's doing fine in Ujilana. I hope the alpha King is taking good care of her, just like he promised me.

I could feel the darkness of corruption creeping it's way on my battered body. It wss messing up my mind and slowly feeding on the darkest thoughts and feelings I have hidden in the depths of  my soul.

They were surfacing and creating much fear,despair,pain and anger  I have  never felt before. So, this is how it works. I don't have much time.

The darkness was enslaving my very being, body and soul.
I peered at him with the only eye I managed to open.

Physically, nothing much changed but his aura spoke volumes of unspoken danger and promises of suffering.

The once carefree grin is now a sinister smirk. His crimson cape danced in the smoky hot air, the volcanoes around us kept spewing.

His dark short hair is now tied behind his head. He a wore a spiked crown of rubys and black diamonds. Black armor and double edge sword to complete his appearance.

"It's a matter of time before you succumb to my shadow. It will be easier to talk you by then. We can have a chitchat about my daughter when that time comes but now you shall enjoy your stay in my kingdom. Yes?" He nodded to the monsters holding me to take me away and turned around.

"How did the darkness corrupted you? You're stronger than I remembered you to be. Who did this?" With that he halted.

"Insecurities, jealousy." I didn't expect for him to openly admit but what he said next shocked me more.

"Amethyst. She is daughter of Kaayu and Illia. She was bound to be a powerful Goddess after the alignment.  What will I be after that? A mere shadow. I can't accept that she won't need me anymore. The irony, I still became a shadow, powerful like a God at that." He laughed.

" She needed you more than anyone and anything. Didn't you feel the love she had for you? She died for this? For being a daughter of Gods?" I rasped.

I wanted to say more, to know more. I wanted to smash his face. I wanted his life in my hands.

My anguish and anger were eating my sanity. My despair for my Queen's death pierced my heart. My anger for this man skyrocketed.

Corruption was traveling much faster now, relishing on my situation. I can't give in. I can't be a weapon against my princess, I'd rather die.
Yes. That's it! That is the only way to avoid the corruption.

Death.

I will be happier being dead than fight My Aryann.

This may be the only chance I have left. I mustered all the strength I have left and elbowed the guard in my right.

I dashed from the opening and jumped from the balcony aiming to the river of lava surrounding the Neirian castle.

I was momentarily suspended in the air, the tips of my hair grazing the scorching heat of boiling mud.

I saw the extended shadow of Nathaniel clutching my ankle. I screwed up. There's no point in struggling.

"You can't die old friend. I have an important task for you." He simply said but his eyes were murderous. The black tendrils snatched me back only to smash me against the brick wall.

It traveled the distance with the uncomprehensible speed, I had a whiplash. I moaned in pain. Every fibre of my being was sore and throbbing with pain.

"Just let me die in peace. I beg you. Please." The pain was to much to take.

"Are you not looking forward to see my daughter again. Shame. She must miss you a lot by now. She is all alone in Ujilana. You can ask her to come with you when you wake up. For now, I'll let you heal." He stated like he was discussing the weather.

He turned to the trembling guards and stabbed the one I elbowed not long ago.

" Clean up and take him to the dungeons." He commanded the three remaining guards. They obeyed hastily, fear still evident in their eyes.

"Don't do this Nathaniel! Just kill me! No, let me go! Nathaniel, Don't let me hurt her! Nathaniel! Stop this." I shouted with everything I have while the guards were dragging my form down the stairs.

~~~•~~~
Votes
Comments
Share

A

/n
I'm sorry for slow updates lovelies.
I will be including some pictures of celebrities from google,that I think will give justice to the characters.
I love "Arrow" so much, so expect that I will include artists from the series.
Thank you for stopping by.
Tell your friends about this book.

P.s.
Some steamy scenes might come next. I hope. Haha.

Enjoy!

Dwane Johnson as Jeremy Calvin/Papay

John Barrowman as Nathaniel/Dragon Lord