Joining the Resistance

(Y/n) was running... to where? She had no idea. All she knows was that she had to get as far away from the First Order as possible. The fact that she was now alone in this vast galaxy... scared her. She had no idea what she was going to do. She was only 17... a scared 17 year old girl.

She was still shocked that her parents were part of the Resistance. Why didn't they tell me? She thought. To protect me? She shook her head. That's not important right now. I have to find a new place. A new place where she belonged...

Then it hit her. I should join the Resistance, she thought. I can help with taking down the First Order once and for all and save anyone else from dying. I just have to find someone to bring me there...

She continued to walk until she got into town, where she hoped she would find Resistance fighters. She looked for any signs of people who remotely looked like they were part of the Resistance. Looking for their symbol.

She looked and looked but couldn't find anyone who fit the description of the Resistance. (Y/n) continued her search, but she hadn't found anyone. She growled in frustration. Why do I have the worst luck!? She thought miserably.

(Y/n) felt her (e/c) eyes tear up as her (h/c) hair flowed through the wind. She desperately tried to stop her tears from flowing... not giving the First Order the satisfaction of her crying. She did her best not to give up hope of finding a Resistance fighter. She soon sat down, put her knees to her chest, and put her head down to rest before continuing her search.

"Are you alright?" A woman's voice said. (Y/n) looked up and saw a woman, who appeared to be in her 60s, and her hairstyle was braids put in a bun and her hair was gray. She looks familiar, (y/n) thought.

(Y/n) stood up and looked at the woman. "I- I have to get to the Resistance." She said quickly. "T-the First Order, they... they... killed my parents."

The woman's eyes widen in shock. "A-are you the daughter of Mary and Tom Eclipse?" The woman asked hesitantly.

(Y/n) looked at the woman in shock and nodded slowly. "Y-yes... I'm (y/n) Eclipse... my parents were part of the Resistance..."

The woman looked down sadly. "Leia," a man's voice came. "Tom and Mary..."

"I know Poe..." the woman, Leia, said. "This is their daughter... (y/n)..."

(Y/n) looked at the man called Poe and studied him. He had black curly hair, brown eyes, and looked rugged. He was wearing a pilots uniform and had his helmet in his hands. I looked for his ship and saw an x-wing with a droid inside.

"Is that a BB unit?" (Y/n) asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. He looked from her and to the droid and back at her. "Uh, yeah it's BB-8."

( Y/n) with held her excitement, not wanting to freak the man out. She focused her thoughts on what she had to do. "I would like to join the Resistance like my parents." She said with determination. "I want to be like my parents and fight for what I beleive in, even if it is dangerous."

Leia looked at her and saw her determination and she saw something else... She didn't know what it was, but she wanted to guide (y/n) and help her however she could. "How old are you?" She asks.

"I'm 17 years old." (Y/n) answers promptly.

"What are your skills?"

"I'm have been fixing things my entire life and I can fly just about anything."

Leia turned to Poe. "She sounds like you."

Poe rolled his eyes but had a small smile. Leia looks back to (y/n) and smiles. "Welcome to Resistance."

(Y/n) gasped in disbelief. Really? That's all it took? She questioned. "Really?" She asked aloud.

Leia nods. "I see that you will be a great help to our cause. And I'm sure you will be great for missions. You can accompany me on my ship until we get to our base."

She then walked away, leaving (y/n) looking at her shocked. She looked at Poe and saw him smiling. "Welcome to the Resistance, kid."

She smile and nodded. Thus began her journey of a Resistance fighter.

A/n
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry if it's not that good but I did my best.  And what was Leia called? I mean I know it starts with General, but I can't remember the rest. Again, sorry if it's not so good.

Also I will post as often as I can...
I hope you all have an awesome summer!!
Better than the one I will probably have
Bye!!