Seven Years Later

(Y/n)'s POV
So now it has been seven years since I joined the Resistance and I did not regret it. I am one of the best mechanics and pilot the Resistance had seen. Well, I'm right behind Poe Dameron. After that awful day, Leia treated me like a daughter and I thought of her as a second mother.

She saw the pain I was in and she helped me overcome my sorrow and helped me stay in the light when I wanted nothing more than to curl in a ball and hide from the world.

As I grieved, Poe was like the brother I never had. He held me when I cried and was always so protective of me during missions. Now I am 24 years old and I have found a new cause in staying in the Resistance. I wanted to make my parents proud of the woman I became. I wanted to protect the new family I gained. And most of all, I wanted to take down the First Order once and for all.

Leia had called Poe and I down into a meeting. She said she had a mission for us. Apparently, a man on Jakuu had a map that lead to Luke Skywalker, Leia's brother. She had been looking for him for a while now, and she still had hope that we would find him. I wanted to believe that we would find him, but if he wanted to be found, wouldn't he have come out of hiding by now?

I didn't say this aloud, but I believed in her and I knew she would lead us to victory. I,listened intently as she gave us our orders. I didn't want to screw it up. I was also a little worried about our chances. I know Poe and I were some of the best, but we still could get caught. The mission was simple: go to Jakuu, get the map, return to base.

Poe and I would go in the same ship so we wouldn't attract too much attention. We were also supposed to wear civilian clothes. (Do they use that phrase?) I honestly didn't want to, but I dug out some cargo pants, a tank top, and stowed a gun in my boot. I threw my (h/c) hair into a pony tail and met Poe at the ship once I was done.

"What took so long?" Poe complained.

"Poe, I was five minutes." I say and laugh.

"Whatever." He said and was laughing slightly.

"Let's load up."

"Alright. Come on BB-8!" Poe says.

Once we were inside the ship, we took off and entered light speed. I had butterflies in my stomach, nervous about the mission. I had a bad feeling about this mission, though I didn't know why. We had gone over the plan several times, but it didn't make me any less nervous.

I hope everything goes well, I thought as the planet Jakuu came into view.

A/n: hey!! Thanks for reading and I will post as much as I can.
I hope you all are having a great Summer, I know mine is ok so far.
I love you all! Make smart decisions. 😆😆😆