Chapter One

Carelessly, Maleficent ran through the woods, giggling, as Stefan chased her. She'd sorely missed her friend and she desperately wanted to express her feelings for him.  Soon she began to tire. Stefan quickly caught up with her, grabbing her from behind and twirling her around. Breathless, she gazed into his eyes. Without realising it, she had slowly moved towards him, lips centimetres apart. Gently he placed his hands on her cheeks and pressed his lips onto hers. They stayed like that for a few moments, cherishing each other's touch until Stefan broke away and whispered that he had to go. 

*Time skip

Stefan came to visit her a lot after that, for a while, but it had been a long time since she had last seen him. Miserably, she sat in her tree watching the other creatures like she did everyday. 

"Maleficent!" Shouted a voice.

She sat up quickly, looking around. There he was, running towards her. Excitedly, she flew down to him and ran into his open arms. 

"Where have you been, I've missed you so much!" 

"I've been busy, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

Maleficent smirked. "You better." 

*

Like before,he came to see her a couple of times before he disappeared again. She desperately wanted to see him again, there was something she needed to tell him. As she lay in her tree, staring at the stars, she placed a protective hand over stomach. 

*

"Hush my love." Whispered Maleficent as she finally got the child to sleep. At first, she had been terrified of being a mother. The king had tried to kill her and although she had defeated him, she still worried about the safety of the Moors and her daughter's safety. Being part human had meant she didn't have wings, but she still had powers at least. As soon as she had been able to talk, Maleficent had her learning spells. 

Confident that she was safe, Maleficent left her daughter and went wandering along the edge of the Moors, searching for danger. She was sure she had injured the king when they had attacked the other day. She feared it may make them attack more. 

"Maleficent?" 

How had she not seen him? Angrily, she turned around to look at him. 

"Six years!" She hissed, tears forming in her eyes. 

"I know, I'm sorry."

"That's what you alway say and then you leave again! Do you have any idea what I have had to go through?"

"No. Look, I am here now. I promise, I'll never leave again. I love you, Maleficent." He took her hands into his. Her face softened. Passionately she kissed him, all thoughts of their daughter leaving her mind. 

"The king is dead." He said quietly as they lay by the lake. He prayed in his mind that the potion would work. It was his only chance.

Maleficent hummed in response, not really listening to what he was saying. 

"I could be king one day. We could unite the kingdom and the Moors, create peace between them."

She just smiled, sleep taking over her.

"I forgot to tell you." Whispered Maleficent, yawning. 

"What?"

"We have a dau...." Maleficent trailed off and closed her eyes.

"Maleficent, what do we have?" He asked shaking her gently. 

He sighed. He couldn't kill her. Carefully, he picked up his sword and did what he had to do.

As he carried the wings back through the forest, he heard someone cry out.

"Mama, where are you?" Called a girl. Through the trees he could see a young girl. It dawned on him then what Maleficent had tried to tell him. He hid and watched her for a few minutes. As she slowly turned in his direction, the moonlight fell on her face. He could just make out her face. She had his thick, brown hair and her mother's vibrant green eyes. Guilt hit him. But it was too late now. He pushed it aside and quietly walked away, wings under his arm. He was going to be king. It was what he always wanted and now it was coming true. He never had to see Maleficent again or the girl. They meant nothing to him now.