Chapter three

Signing for the hundredth time that day, (y/n) sat beneath a tree, waiting impatiently for her mother to return. It was her sixteenth and she had no one to celebrate it with. Suddenly, she heard voices, one was Maleficent's but she didn't recognise the other. Probably one of her mother's spies. She hid herself in a bush and waited for them to reach her. 

"BOO!" Yelled (y/n).

"Aaah!" Screamed the man. Maleficent stood there, unfazed by her daughter's attempts to scare her. 

The man cleared his throat, apologised and smoothed down his clothes, trying to hide his embarrassment. (Y/n) smirked triumphantly. She had scared someone at least. 

"(Y/n) this is Diaval." 

He bowed stiffly. "My lady." He said taking her hand and pressing his lips softly against it. She blushed slightly, whispering a soft hello. He was strange looking but kind of handsome. To be honest she couldn't compare him really with anyone else. She'd never met a man before. A warm feeling rushed through her every time his eyes met hers. 

"I have matters that I must attend to. Diaval, stay with her and keep her out of trouble. The older she gets the harder it is to handle her." Maleficent said, staring at her.

"Of course."

"Excuse me? Maybe if you let me come with you sometimes and let me have fun, I'd be easier to handle!"

"It's too dangerous, you know that." Maleficent said, walking away.

Huffing, (y/n) walked off, Diaval following awkwardly.

"So I have a babysitter now." 

"I prefer to look at it as someone to keep you company." 

After a few minutes of silence, Diaval began talking to her. It was nice to have a friend for once and they began to get on well. (Y/n) began to get a weird feeling in her stomach. It was almost exciting. Maybe she would ask her mother what it was when she got back.