Chapter five

"Do you know how lonely I have been?" (Y/n) yelled at her mother.  She hadn't reacted very well when she found out about the kiss."You're always leaving me on my own and no one wants to talk to me because they are so afraid of you!"

"I was trying to protect you! If you had been through what I had you would understand." (Y/n) had never seen her look so angry but she didn't care. She had to tell her how miserable she was. 

"Diaval isn't like that."

"I thought Stefan loved me but he only used me so he could become king!" She suddenly looked shocked. (Y/n) didn't know that he was the king.

"Why didn't you tell me?"  

"I don't know." For first time since that night, Maleficent looked vunerable. "We were in love, and I trusted him. But his love for power grew and then that night..."

"I know." (Y/n) whispered comfortingly as she slid an arm over her shoulder. Maleficent let all of her bottled up emotions free. "I'm so sorry. I didn't think, I was just really angry." (Y/n) began to tear up.

"No, I should of told you. Please, forgive me." Maleficent held her daughter tightly. Together they just sat in each other's arms crying, letting everything out. 

Maleficent stood up , dried her eyes and walked over to where Diaval was. (Y/n)  hurried behind her. Diaval shivered as Maleficent glared down at him.

"I'll go." He said sadly. 

"Wait!" She commanded. "If my daughter trusts you then so do I. But if you hurt her..." 

"I won't, I promise." 

(Y/n) walked up to him and slipped her hand into his. "I'll be alright mother." 

Maleficent this locked eyes with her. She could see herself in those eyes, so full of the love and kindness that hers had been at sixteen. It made her smile slightly but it was almost a sad smile. What had happened to that girl? 

Maleficent nodded approvingly at her then walked away.

(Y/n) turned to face Diaval. "See, I told you she would be fine about it."

"Really? You think that was fine?" Diaval smirked. 

(Y/n) ran up to the nearest tree and hauled herself up on to the lowest branch. She began to climb the tree but stopped slightly to call down to Diaval.

"Are you coming or are you just going to stand there and watch me?" 

She giggled as she watched him struggle up the tree then set off again. When she was above the tree line (y/n) pulled him up next to her. He slipped his arm around her and brought her close to him, her head on his shoulder and his head on hers.

Slowly, the sun began to set. Blue went to orange, then red, followed by purple until the last light had faded into a deep blue. Carefully, they clambered down in the dark. All of the creatures of the night had begun to come out. Fireflies danced around them, lighting up the forest. Neither of them said anything as they enjoyed each other's company. All too quickly they reached the little cave by the litttle stream that (y/n) slept in.

"Goodnight." Diaval gently kissed her forehead. 

"Goodnight." She replied quietly, sad to be parting with him even she was going to see him again in the morning. 

They both went their separate ways. (Y/n) stopped and turned around. "Please stay." She said softly, wondering if he had heard her. 

Diaval turned around smiling "I thought you would never ask." He took her hand as she lead him into the cave. (Y/n) picked up a wool blanket and threw it over him before climbing underneath it. Diaval wrapped his arms around her. She planted a kiss on his lips before settling down to sleep.